The table-porcelain Krister factory in Walbrzych was founded in 1831. It was important factory of that kind in Germany which produced a wide spectrum of porcelain. WWII brought changes especially in the area of the ready market. Krister started producing much more utensils for messes and for army. New customers did not mean that stock was changed completely. Still the utensils had various designs and rich patterns. A white porcelain was also available. From 1942 individual orders were practically stopped. Almost for the whole War the products were exported. The main importers of the porcelain were: Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary, Norway, Netherlands and Denmark. Krister was in operation by the end of the War. The porcelain was baked at the tunnel-kiln fed by gas. In December 1940 the factory was regarded as 1st degree company and could be supplied by gas with no limits. First limitations, however, appeared already in 1941. In the following years by the end of the War they caused technical problems in the process of production, first of all because tunnel-kiln required steady amount of gas. Another problem of the factory during the War was need of employees, because many of the qualified workers were called up to the army.