The crude oil refinery of Ostrava till 1939
The following article deals with the Ostrava Mineral Oil Refinery since its establishment in 1889 till 1939 and tries to describe in detail the property and social development of the company as well as the fate of its founder and spiritual father Max Böhm in addition to another owner, the financier Alfons Thorsch. The article aims to outline the basic problems connected with the functioning of the company’s and its operation and explain how it coped with the political development and the economic situation before and after the emergence of Czechoslovakia. Moreover, it tries to present information which have not been published yet, point out some of the specifics of production and other related issues.
Katedra historie, Filozofická fakulta, Ostravská univerzita v Ostravě, Reální 5, 701 00 Ostrava, Czech Republic
Publication order reference