In 2004 heretofore-unknown cellars were discovered in the town hall in Zielona Góra; the interiors were not included in the inventory of the building carried out in 1958. This fact justified the necessity of embarking upon architectural studies whose purpose was to examine the form and successive phases of the transformation of the Gothic edifice. In 2006 a team headed by Dr. Czeslaw Lasota conducted architectural research, which coincided with the repair of the town hall northern wing, initiated in July of that year. Numerous layers of plaster revealed a brick wall of the Gothic town hall to which the repaired wing had been added in the course of the nineteenth century. In the interior of the northern wing staircase the conservation and restoration realised at the end of 2006 came across a Gothic gable with lavish blind arch windows, fragments of a panel below the gable, an outline of the northern gable, and a tower. Other discoveries included remnants of cloth hall stalls built at the same time as the town hall, and adjoining the latter to the east. At the same time, the conservators disclosed the original plaster of the blind windows and window openings, which at the beginning of 2007 were subjected to complex conservation-restoration. Particular importance was attached to the relics of the lime plaster, which are examples of the scarce original early medieval plaster preserved in secular buildings in the voivodeship of Lubusz.