THE HOSPITAL PROVOSTRY IN ZAMOSC IN THE 18TH C. (Budowa szpitala na Przedmiesciu Lwowskim w Zamosciu (1774-1775))
Languages of publication
The hospital provostry in Zamosc functioned formally in the 18th c. It united two hospitals which were under the authority of the Zamosc chapter, headed by a mitred dean. The institution, together with several others of the type which worked in the town, gave shelter to several dozen poor and homeless people. The Zamosc provostry was endowed with a substantial property; nevertheless it constantly faced financial problems, mostly because of unscrupulous debtors. It was only due to the efforts of the provosts (especially Olszówka and Dabkowski) that it was able to fulfil its role properly. It ceased to work at the end of the 18th c due to financial difficulties as well as to the adverse policy of the occupation authorities. The same happened to many hospitals all over the country at that time.
Publication order reference
CEJSH db identifier