PL EN


2004 | 48 | 171-182
Article title

THE THEATRE OF THE LUTHERAN SCHOOL AT LESZNO

Authors
Title variants
Languages of publication
PL
Abstracts
EN
In the 17th and 18th centuries the Lutheran School at Leszno had its own theatre. Each year it staged plays prepared under the direction of its rector or conrector. The article presents information on this theatre collected on the basis of twelve documented productions of the years 1671-1765, as well as very few other sources. The subjects of these plays did not diverge from the repertoire of other Protestant schools in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth at that time; plays dealt with the threads from the history of Poland (3), biblical history and history of Christianity (3). Of interest was the legend about the beginnings of the town of Leszno, based on the historical works of that era. Musical performances were a constant element of these productions. They were presented in public: each time invitations were printed, containing the programme, the construction of the play and a list of pupils-actors
Discipline
Year
Volume
48
Pages
171-182
Physical description
Document type
ARTICLE
Contributors
author
  • K. Szymanska, Muzeum w Lesznie, Pl. Metziga 17, 64-100 Leszno, Poland
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
CEJSH db identifier
04PLAAAA0008205
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.360070ee-3645-3828-9eba-06b7e0c86a13
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.