LEARNING EMPLOYEE'S ROLE AS WAY OF ACQUIRING SOCIAL PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE (Uczenie sie roli pracowniczej - nabywaniem spolecznych kompetencji zawodowych)
Languages of publication
The article discusses learning the employee's role in working environment. By referring to theoretical and conceptual frames, the authoress is trying to answer the following question: why is it so important to submit to the role - in other words, to learn it - in a working environment. The description of a role learning process is mostly based on the 'role sequence model', proposed by Daniel Katz and Robert Kahn. In this model, the process of transmitting the role is considered continuous and recurrent, where an individual is being informed which kinds of behaviour connected with the role are acceptable and which ones have to be corrected. The organizational basis of this approach involves activities understood as interactions between people. Interactions cause activities to penetrate each other and make participants relate their actions to those undertaken by others and vice versa. The role sequence model is based on four concepts: expectations about the role, the role being transmitted, the role being received and various role-related kinds of behaviour. The authoress also focuses on problems and difficulties in a role learning process, which result from ambiguity and excess of obligations relating to the role or from the so-called 'clashes of roles'. Some of these obligations might seem difficult for somebody who wishes to fulfill them, whereas others might be attractive. It depends on one's habits and the ability to reconcile his or her own opinions with others' opinions, and on their ability to choose between different alternatives.
- Argyle M,, Psychologia stosunków międzyludzkich, tłum. W. Domachowski, Warszawa 1999.
- Brown R., Procesy grupowe: dynamika wewnątrzgrupowa i międzygrupowa, Gdańsk 2006.
- Katz D., Kahn R., Społeczna psychologia organizacji, tłum. B. Czarniawska, Warszawa 1979.
- Linton R, Kulturowe podstawy osobowości, tłum. A. Jasińska-Kania, Warszawa 2000.
- Mika S., Psychologia społeczna, Warszawa 1984.
- Myers D.G., Psychologia społeczna, tłum. A. Bezwińska-Wolerjan, Poznań 2003.
- Newcomb M., Turner R.H., Converse E., Psychologia społeczna. Studium interakcji ludzkich, tłum. H. Muszyński, Warszawa 1970.
- Sherif M., Sherif C., Social Psychology, New York 1969.
- Sztompka P., Socjologia. Analiza społeczeństwa, Kraków 2007.
Publication order reference
CEJSH db identifier