This essay deals with the painting 'Judas' kiss' (oak panel 144 × 88 cm, original frame) from the altar of The Assumption of the Virgin Mary's chapel on the south side of the St. Martin's church in Spisská Kapitula. The altar of the Coronation of Virgin Mary consists of four paintings devoted to Virgin Mary. Eight depict a christological cycle. A workshop which made this panels might have been of a regional importance, but the master spent his studies in important contemporary art centers. The author thus concluded that the Altar of Coronation of Virgin Mary could have been influenced by art movement in Köln am Rhein represented by artists such as the Master of Lyversberg Passion or the Master of Munich's Captivity. The chapel of The Assumption of the Virgin Mary was founded by Stephen Zapolya (d.1499), who wanted to be buried there. Stephen Zapolya gained his social status by betraying the Hunyady family. He was elected a Hungarian palatine in 1492 making him a richer man than the Hungarian ruler himself. This enabled Zapolya family to get onto the Hungarian throne. Stephen's son John was crowned Hungarian king in 1526.