Woldenberg (now Dobiegniew near Mierzecin) was from May 1940 to January 1945 the location of Oflag II, the largest POW camp for Polish officers on German territory. The detainees were Polish prisoners from minor oflags of the Third German Reich and lands annexed by it. After 1944 soldiers of the Warsaw Rising, members of the Home Army were also imprisoned there. The authoress describes the conditions of life in the camp, the religious life there and the activity of the underground organization. She also presents the current activity of the Society of Woldenbergians which associates the former prisoners of the oflag, their families and sympathizers.