Documentation surviving in the Collection of Ancient Art in the National Museum in Warsaw enables reconstruction of the history of part of the Goluchów collection during World War II. At the time the objects, including two silver plates published in this volume of 'Archeologia' (pp. 107-131), were hidden in cellars of the Czartoryski family house in Warsaw, 12 Kredytowa str. The hiding place was found by the Germans in 1941, and all the objects were moved to the National Museum in Warsaw, where they were kept until 1944. In October 1944, after the fall of the Warsaw Uprising, the Goluchów collection was taken away by German troops, but some of the objects, the two plates among them, were found soon after that and brought back to the National Museum. They were introduced into the Museum's register in 1947.