PL EN


2010 | 25 | 2 | 113-153
Article title

Barokní poutní cesta do Hájku u Prahy

Title variants
EN
BAROQUE PILGRIM ROUTE TO HAJEK NEAR PRAGUE
Languages of publication
CS
Abstracts
EN
The essay is dedicated to the Baroque pilgrim route from Prague to the Loreta which is still standing in the Franciscans’ monastery in Hajek u Červeneho Ujezda. It originated in 1720-1733. Twenty alcove chapels in a regular spacing were built at the expense of leading noble families. Inside Theky were painted with murals depicting the lives of the Virgin Mary and St. Francis. The Franciscan order maintained and repaired them until the end of the 18th century. When the resources for thein repairs were stopped, the order had no finances for their maintenance. Six of them were pulled down in the course of the 19th century because of their bad condition. Eleven chapels have survived and have been gradually repaired. A section of the broken pilgrim route between Litovice and Hajek has been restored.
Discipline
Year
Volume
25
Issue
2
Pages
113-153
Physical description
Contributors
  • Archiv Národního muzea, Národní muzeum, Václavské nám. 68, 115 79 Praha 1, Czech Republic
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.cejsh-0cb612fa-c523-49fc-bc4b-47f166e811e2
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.