Approaches and issues for developing livestock services in Uzbekistan
Languages of publication
This article considers issues concerning improvement and development of livestock services in Uzbekistan. The author argues on efficiency of broader approach to development livestock services that assumes better coordination of involved different service-providers. Growing efficient institutional environment where different stakeholders participate and coordinate their operations and strategies plays important role in achieving the balanced growth of livestock sector. Based on review of different concepts the author draws economic policy recommendations to further develop the cattle industry in Uzbekistan.
- Cees de Haan, 2000. Livestock breeding technologies and rural development,”World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Lerman, Z., 2008 “Sustainable development of the livestock sector in Uzbekistan: Status and policy recommendations,” UNDP, No.1, Policy Brief.
- Steinfeld, H., Mack, S. 1995. “Livestock development strategies,” World Animal Review, 84/85, pp.18-24.
- Tuong Vu, 2007. Rethinking the Traditional Concept of Livestock Services: A Study of Response Capacity in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam, PPLPI Working Paper No. 41, 27 March.
- Umali, D., Feder, G., de Haan, C., 1992. “The balance between public and private sector activities in the delivery of livestock services,” World bank Discussion Papers WDP163, The World Bank.
- UNDP. 2007. Support for Sustainable Development of Livestock Sector in Uzbekistan, UNDP Project Document.
- Yusupov, B., Lerman, Z., Chertovitskiy, A., Akbarov, O., 2010. Livestock Production in Uzbekistan: Current state, issues and prospects. Review in the context of agricultural sector development trends, Tashkent.
Publication order reference