Fuzzy TOPSIS Method for Group Decision Making
Languages of publication
Multiple Criteria Decision Making methods have become very popular in recent years and are frequently applied in many real-life situations. The increasing complexity of the decision problems analysed makes it less feasible to consider all the relevant aspects of the problems by a single decision maker. As a result, many real-life problems are discussed by a group of decision makers. The aim of the paper is to present a new approach for ranking of alternatives with fuzzy data for group decision making using the TOPSIS method. In the proposed approach, all individual decision information of decision makers is taken into account in determining the ranking of alternatives and selecting the best one. The key stage of this method is the transformation of the decision matrices provided by the decision makers into matrices of alternatives. A matrix corresponding to an alternative is composed of its assessments with respect to all criteria, performed by all the decision makers. A numerical example illustrates the proposed approach.
- Abdullah L., Adawiyah C.W.R. (2014), Simple Additive Weighting Methods of Multicriteria Decision Making and Applications: A Decade Review, International Journal of Information Processing and Management, 5/1, 39-49.
- Behzadian M., Otaghsara S.K., Yazdani M., Ignatius J. (2012), A State-of the Art Survey of TOPSIS Applications, Expert Systems with Applications, 39, 13051-13069.
- Bonissone P.P., Decker K.S. (1986), Selecting Uncertainty Calculi and Granularity: An Experiment in Trading-off Precision and Complexity [in:] L.N. Kanal, J.F. Lemmer (eds.), Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, Amsterdam, 217-247.
- Boran F.E., Genc S., Kurt M., Akay D. (2009), A Multi-criteria Intuitionistic Fuzzy Group Decision Making for Supplier Selection with TOPSIS Method, Expert Systems with Applications, 36, 11363-11368.
- Chang C.W., Wu C.R., Lin H.L. (2009), Applying Fuzzy Hierarchy Multiple Attributes to Construct an Expert Decision Making Process, Expert Systems with Applications, 36, 7363-7368.
- Chen C.T. (2000), Extensions of the TOPSIS for Group Decision-making under Fuzzy Environment, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 114, 1-9.
- Ding J.F. (2011), An Integrated Fuzzy TOPSIS Method for Ranking Alternatives and Its Application, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 19, 341-352.
- Dubois D., Prade H. (1980), Fuzzy Sets and Systems: Theory and Application, Academic Press, New York.
- Hatami-Marbini A., Kangi F. (2017), An Extension of Fuzzy TOPSIS for a Group Decision Making with an Application to Tehran Stock Exchange, Applied Soft Computing, 52, 1084-1097.
- Hwang C.L., Yoon K. (1981), Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Jahanshahloo G.R., Hosseinzadeh Lofti F., Izadikhah M. (2006a), An Algorithmic Method to Extend TOPSIS for Decision Making Problems with Interval Data, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 175, 1375-1384.
- Jahanshahloo G.R., Hosseinzadeh Lofti F., Izadikhah M. (2006b), Extension of the TOPSIS Method for Decision-Making Problems with Fuzzy Data, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 181, 1544-1551.
- Kacprzak D. (2017), Objective Weights Based on Ordered Fuzzy Numbers for Fuzzy Multiple Criteria Decision Making Methods, Entropy, 19, 373
- Kacprzak D. (2019), A Doubly Extended TOPSIS Method for Group Decision Making Based on Ordered Fuzzy Numbers, Expert Systems with Applications, 116, 243-254.
- Nadaban S., Dzitac S., Dzitac I. (2016), Fuzzy TOPSIS: A General View, Procedia Computer Science, 91, 823-831.
- Roszkowska E., Kacprzak D. (2016), The Fuzzy SAW and Fuzzy TOPSIS Procedures Based on Ordered Fuzzy Numbers, Information Sciences, 369, 564-584.
- Rudnik K., Kacprzak D. (2017), Fuzzy TOPSIS Method with Ordered Fuzzy Numbers for Flow Control in a Manufacturing System, Applied Soft Computing, 52, 1020-1041.
- Senvar O., Otay İ., Boltürk E. (2016), Hospital Site Selection via Hesitant Fuzzy TOPSIS, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49, 1140-1145.
- Shemshadi A., Shirazi H., Toreihi M., Tarokh M.J. (2011), A Fuzzy VIKOR Method for Supplier Selection Based on Entropy Measure for Objective Weighting, Expert Systems with Applications, 38, 12160-12167.
- Shih H.S., Shyur H.J., Lee E.S. (2007), An Extension of TOPSIS for Group Decision Making, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 45, 801-813.
- Wang T.C., Chang T.H. (2007), Application of TOPSIS in Evaluating Initial Training Aircraft under a Fuzzy Environment, Expert Systems with Applications, 33, 870-880.
- Ye F., Li Y.N. (2009), Group Multi-attribute Decision Model to Partner Selection in the Formation of Virtual Enterprise under Incomplete Information, Expert Systems with Applications, 36, 9350-9357.
- Yue Z. (2011), An Extended TOPSIS for Determining Weights of Decision Makers with Interval Numbers, Knowledge-Based Systems, 24, 146-153.
- Zadeh L.A. (1965), Fuzzy Sets, Information and Control, 8, 338-353
- Zimmermann H.J. (2001), Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications, 4th Rev. ed. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Publication order reference