Decus Almae Academiae Posnaniensis. O herbie poznańskiej Akademii Lubrańskiego
DECUS ALMAE ACADEMIAE POSNANIENSIS. ON THE COAT OF ARMS OF THE LUBRAŃSKI ACADEMY IN POZNAŃ
Languages of publication
The Lubrański Academy was active in Poznań during the years 1518/1519-1780, initially as an independent institution and in the 17th and 18th c. as a branch-school of the Cracow Academy. If the coat of arms of the Lubranscianum existed already in the 16th c., one of its elements could have been Godzięba (pine tree) – the charge from the arms of bishop Jan Lubrański, the founder of the Academy. The arms from the times of the branch-school (known from a print of 1738) dispays the arms of the Cracow Academy (two crossed scepters with a crown above) and Godzięba below them. In the 17th and 18th c. the rector’s coat of arms was also used in the Lubrański Academy. It displayed two crossed rectoral scepters.
Publication order reference