CÍRKEV ČESKOSLOVENSKÁ V LIPTOVSKÉ OSADĚ
Czechoslovak Church in Liptovská Osada
Languages of publication
In the first third of the 20th century several movements arose in opposition to the Catholic clergy in Liptov. Apart from the most famous events at Černová in 1907, there was also the formation at Liptovská Osada of the only purely Slovak community of the Czechoslovak Church. It was the result of several years of conflict between the villages led by their priest Matťašovský and the dictation and apparently also fraud by representatives of the Catholic Church. Very sharp, sometimes violent confrontations with an impact on political relations occurred here in the 1920s. In this situation the only church in Slovakia belonging to the Czechoslovak Church was built at Liptovská Osada. The Czechoslovak Church was banned after 14 March 1939.
451 – 471
Publication order reference