Uzbek travel services industry and international comparison
Languages of publication
The aim of this article is to present results of Uzbek travel companies survey focusing primarily on market research and strategy-setting while putting this in contrast to international experience in this sector. We present that many Uzbek travel companies are not used to do proper marketing research, only the biggest are. There are not rare cases of situations when management does not know how to define strategic behavior and strategy itself (as majority of companies lack long-term vision and orient themselves primarily on short run profits).
- Faculty of International Tourism, Tashkent State University of Economics, Uzbekistan
- Prague Development Center s.r.o., Bořivojova 1081 / 40, 130 00, Prague 3 - Žižkov, Czech Republic
- Calaveras, A., Vera-Hernandez, M., 2005. “Quality externalities among hotel establishments: What is the impact of tour operators?,” Tourism Economics, 11, pp.571-93
- Candela, G., Cellini, R., 2006. “Investment in tourism market: A dynamic model of differentiated oligopoly,” Environmental and Resource Economics, 35, pp.41-58
- Cardenas, J., 2001. “How do groups solve local commons dilemmas? Lessons from experimental economics in the field,” Environment, Development and Sustainability, 2, pp.305-22
- Cardenas, J., 2003. “Real wealth and experimental cooperation: experiments in the field lab,” Journal of Development Economics, 70, pp.263-89
- Cardenas, J., Strandlund, J., Willis, C., 2000. Local environmental control and institutional crowding-out, World Development 28, 2000
- Cina, C., 1993. “Creating an effective customer satisfaction program,” Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol.4 Iss.2, pp.33-42
- Dolnicar, S., Christian Laesser Ch., 2007. “Travel agency marketing strategy: Insights from Switzerland,” Manuscript Submission to the Journal of Travel Research
- Durovich, A., 2008. Marketing Research in Tourism Business, Textbook, St. Petersburg.
- Enright, M., Newton, J., 2005. “Determinants of tourism destination competitiveness in Asia Pacific: Comprehensiveness and Universality,” Journal of Travel Research, Vol.43, pp.339-50
- European Commission (EC), 2008. “Competitiveness and sustainability in European tourism,” research.eu, No1, September
- Mael, R., 2009. How to keep your head above water in a recession, Brand Launcher.
- Ritchie, J., Crouch, G.,2000. “The competitiveness destination: a sustainability perspective,” Tourism management, No.21
- Rose, N., 2008: The changing role of travel management, PhoCusWright Inc., July
- Valdez, J., Cruz, P., Velasco, A., 2010. Tourism competitiveness in Mexico: The elements of a more rational tourist policy, Postgraduate and Research Division, Instituto Tecnólogico de Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Voskolovich, N., 2009. Marketing of Travel Services, Textbook, 2nd edition
- Yüksel, A., Yüksel, F., 2000, The Quest For Quality And Competitiveness: A Case Of Turkish Tourism, Sheffield Hallam University
- Zhang, Zhen-Jia, 2009. “Study on approaches of constructing travel agencies’ sustained competitive advantage by knowledge management,” Canadian Academy of Oriental and Occidental Culture, Canadian Social Science, Vol.5, No.6
Publication order reference