Eucharistic triptych in All Saints Church in Ludrová – Kút in Liptov. On its function and iconography
The main objective of the presented study is an iconographic analysis of votive triptych in All Saints Church in Ludrová - Kút in Liptov region. In the introductory part, the author deals with the historiography of murals in Ludrová and also provides a brief history. The triptych on the north nave of the church was discovered by conservator Mikuláš Štalmach in 1960. A detailed iconographic analysis of this wall painting from the late 14th century or from the time around year 1400 was missing in the Slovak historiography of art history. Based on the formal and comparative analysis, the author makes new discoveries and explores the work of art in the context of a new piety (the author understands devotio moderna in the broad sense of the word) and ars moriendi.
Ludrová 327, 034 71 Ludrová, Slovak Republic
Publication order reference