The County of Bratislava had its castle district (vármegye) and castle shire (várispanság). The castle župa was the castle property, where the castle people and castle jobagioni lived. The territory of Bratislava castle district had three districts: Podhorie, Medzivodie and Čalov (Ostrov – the Island). Three small counties were also subject to the Sheriff of Bratislava: The County of Stupava consisted of the southern tip of Záhorie. It broke up when the king granted Stupava, Devín and the rest of the County of Stupava to the Austrian Count Ruger of Tallesbrunn, probably in 1296. The County of Šaštín or later Holíč included the greater part of Záhorie. In 1296, King Andrew III granted the County of Holíč, or to be more exact its shire to the deputy sheriff (podžupan) of Bratislava Abraham Ryšavý. The County of Šintava did not have a castle district, but only a small and very scattered shire. The Sheriff of Šintava Truslef died in 1261 and the king gave Šintava Castle and its whole county to Truslef’s brother Leopold.