Das mittelalterliche Chełm im lichte archäologischer Quellen
AN EARLY MEDIEVAL TOWN OF CHEŁM IN THE LIGHT OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH
Languages of publication
Long term interdisciplinary research in Chełm resulted reconstruction of the original arrangement of the plots in Chełm and its later transformation caused by an urban process of location. In the early medieval times Chełm was a Polish Russian borderland and it functioned as a capital city with a prince and bishop’s residence (royal since 1253), a borough and a residential and craft’s colony. Changes of spatial development of the town took place in 1392 but the town’s 13th century history and its multicultural character was respected and remained untouched.
Publication order reference