HISTÓRIA ČACHTICKÉHO HRADU OD JEHO POČIATKOV PO OBDOBIE ROZPADU NA ZRÚCANINU
History of the Čachtice Castle from its beginnings till its transformation into ruin
Languages of publication
The Čachtice Castle was built in the second half of the 13th century. Brothers - counts Pongrác and Peter from family Hunt-Poznan - can be considered its founders. During the period 1437 – 1567 the most significant owners were members of Orzag family (Országh de Gut). Michal Orzag achieved the highest social rank. He successively carried out functions of the royal treasurer house-master and finally, he held the office of the palatine. After the extinction of family Orzag, the castle came into the possession of families Nádasdy, Drugeth, Forgách and Révay. From this period we have several descriptions of the castle´s internal division at disposal. These documents are the only evidence describing the destroyed spaces.
43 – 63
Publication order reference