The state control of migration in Uzbekistan and the some aspects of its further improvement
Languages of publication
In this article, we analyzed migration management process in the Republic of Uzbekistan, the possibilities of migration and employment of Uzbek citizens abroad, and reviewed the state measures on creation of new workplaces for reduction of illegal labor migration. Moreover, we analyzed the basic streams of emigration and reasons of its illegal character, role of the state bodies in regulation of migration and identified the main problems in their activity. The concrete directions and actions for further improvement of the state control system of migration in the Republic are also shown by the author.
- Achacoso, T., 2000. “The International Labor Migration Institutions of Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka in Ferment: The Philippines as catalyst,” report prepared for the IOM. Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Ata-Mirzaev, O., 2009. The population of Uzbekistan: history and the present. Tashkent: Ijtimoiy fikr
- Gonsalez, J., 1996. “Domestic and International Policies Affecting the Protection of Philippine Migrant Labor,” an overview and assessment, Philippine Sociological Review, Vol.44, No1-4, pp.162-77
- International Organization on Migration, at http://www.imldb.iom.int, category: Database on the international legislation concerning migration
- Karimov, I., 1995. Uzbekistan - own model of transition into market relations. Uzbekistan.
- Maksakova, L., 2007. Modern migratory situation in Uzbekistan: 15 years of independent development. Tashkent
- Vitkovskaya, G. (Ed.), 2004. World experience of a migratory policy: retrospective and the newest tendencies, International Organization on Migration (IOM), IOM Bureau in Russia; IOM Bureau in Kazakhstan. Moscow: Gendalf
Publication order reference