The topic of the study is the origin and development of the Military Healthcare Establishment in Číž, describing the discovery of the first springs of iodine water as the foundation of the spa built later on. It zooms in on the work of the spa doctor, Pazár, and other doctors serving in the healthcare establishment, construction of the residential houses in the Spa, purchase and reconstruction of the Margit Guest House to a treatment centre, along with the Maria, Kamilla, Horvath and Ilona treatment centres. The paper provides the reader with an image of the spa operation during individual spa seasons. The first part offers an overview of the construction works and modifications carried out in 1925 – 1933 and the second part focuses on the overview of the construction works in the spa in 1934 – 1938. The scope of operation of the Territorial Military Headquarters Košice also included the Military Healthcare Establishment for Lung Diseases in Matliare and Spa Institute in Košice.