In March 1939, the German Army occupied a part of the western Slovak territory up to the Váh River. The German battalions blocked the Slovak troops in the places of their dislocation, interning a part of soldiers in the barracks and starting to carry away the military material, equipment and armament from the occupied territory. They ignored the protests from the Slovak State civil and military authorities. The author maps the procedure of the occupational German battalions and focuses on the military situation in individual Slovak garrisons. The article presents the crude German pressure to clear the occupied territory, to which the Slovak part surrendered in April 1939.The evacuation of several Slovak garrisons is also described. In spite of the German disapproval, the Slovak symbolic crew guards remained in the occupied territory, however without any actual combat value. Finally, in May 1939, the Germans agreed to bilateral negotiations on the status and border of the occupied territory free of the Slovak military presence.