European transport policy and strategy for sustainable development
Languages of publication
Sustainable development is the overarching long-term goal of the EU. In realizing its the European transport policy is playing the important part. Th e paper presents meaning of the transport policy in implementing the idea of sustainable development as well as the instru-ments favoring sustainable development.(original abstract)
- Barrón de Angoiti I., 2010, The sustainability of high speed. Presentation of the 7th Training on High Speed Systems, UIC, Paris, 28 June 2010, [Access 08.02.2011], accessible in World Wide Web: http://www.uic.org/ spip.php?article2092.
- Becker G. A., 1983, Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence. Quarterly Journal of Economics, No. 3.
- COM (1992) 494 final, Communication from the Commission: The future development of the common transport policy - A global to the construction of a Community framework for sustainable mobility.
- COM (2001) 264, Communication from the Commission: A Sustainable Europe for a Better World: A European Union Strategy for Sustainable Development.
- COM (2001) 370, WHITE PAPER European transport policy for 2010: time to decide.
- COM (2006) 314 final, Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament: Keep Europe moving - Sustainable mobility for our continent - Mid-term review of the European Commission's 2001 Transport White paper.
- COM (2008) 433, Communication from the Commission: Greening Transport.
- COM (2011) 144 final, WHITE PAPER Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area - Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system.
- COM(2006) 571 final, Commission Communication: The demographic future of Europe - from challenge to opportunity.
- COM(2006)845, Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament: Biofuels Progress Report - Report on the progress made in the use of biofuels and other renewable fuels in the Member States of the European Union.
- COM(2007) 773 final, Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Mobility, an instrument for more and better jobs: The European Job Mobility Action Plan (2007-2010).
- COM(2008) 435, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Strategy for the internalisation of external costs.
- COM(2008)432, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council: Rail noise abatement measures addressing the existing fleet.
- COM(2009) 192, Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament: The Renewable Energy Progress Report - Commission Report in accordance with Article 3 of Directive 2001/77/EC, Article 4(2) of Directive 2003/30/EC and on the implementation of the EU Biomass Action Plan.
- COM(95)691, Green Paper Towards fair and efficient pricing in transport. Policy Options for Internalising the External Costs of Transport in the European Union.
- COM(98)466, White Paper Fair payment for infrastructure use: A phased approach to a common transport infrastructure charging framework in the EU.
- COM/2008/0436 final, Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 1999/62/EC on the charging of heavy goods vehicles for the use of certain infrastructures.
- Compton R. P., Blomberg R. D., Moskowitz H., Burns M., Peck R. C., Fiorentino D., 2002, Crash rate of alcohol impaired driving. Proceedings of the sixteenth International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety ICADTS. Montreal.
- Directive 2003/30/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 May 2003 on the promotion of the use of biofuels or other renewable fuels for transport. OJ L 123, 17.5.2003, pp. 42-46.
- Directive 2009/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 on the promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources and amending and subsequently repealing Directives 2001/77/EC and 2003/30/EC. OJ L 140, 5.6.2009, pp. 16-62.
- DOC 10917/06, Renewed EU sustainable development strategy. Council of the European Union, Brussels, 26 June 2006.
- Dyr T., 2009, Czynniki rozwoju rynku regionalnych przewozów pasażerskich. Radom: Wydawnictwo Politechniki Radomskiej.
- EEA, 2007, Sustainable consumption and production. European Environment Agency.
- EEA, 2011, Annual European Union greenhouse gas inventory 1990-2009 and inventory report 2011. Technical report No. 2.
- EU Energy and Transport in Figures 2010. European Commission. Directorate- General for Energy and Transport.
- Garre K. H., 2010, Success Factors of the German HST-System Presentation of the 7th Training on High Speed Systems. UIC. Paris. 28 June 2010. [Access 08.02.2011]. accessible in World Wide Web: http://www.uic.org/ spip.php?article2092.
- Grzywacz W., Wojewódzka-Król K., Rydzkowski W., 2002, Polityka transportowa. Gdańsk: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego.
- HEATCO, 2006, Developing Harmonised European Approaches for transport costing and Project Assessment. Project funded under the 6th Framework Programme. coordinated by the University of Stuttgart. European Commission.
- High Speed Lines in the World. UIC High Speed Department. 11 January 2011. [Access 05.02.2011]. accessible in World Wide Web: http://www.uic.org/IMG/ pdf/20110111 _a1_high_speed_lines_in_the_world.pdf.
- JASPERS, 2008, Blue Book - Road Infrastructure. Warsaw.
- Keall M., Frith W., Patterson T., 2004, The influence of alcohol. age and number of passengers on the night-time rate of driver fatal injury in New Zealand. Crash Analysis & Prevention. 2004.
- Komenda Główna Policji, 2010, Wypadki drogowe w Polsce w 2009 r. Biuro Ruchu Drogowego. Wydział Profilaktyki i Analiz, Warszawa.
- Long-distance mobility in Europe: Getting the balance right, 2006, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions.
- Mathijssen M. P. M., Houwing S., 2005, The prevalence and relative rate of drink and drug driving in the Netherlands: a case control study in the Tilburg police district. SWOV report R-2005-9, SWOV, Leidschendam.
- NEA, 2005, Scenarios, Traffi c Forecasts and Analysis of Traffi c Flows Including Countries Neighbouring the European Union. NEA Transport Research and Training, Final Report.
- Regulation (EC) No. 661/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 concerning type-approval requirements for the general safety of motor vehicles, their trailers and systems, components and separate technical units intended therefor. OJ L 200, 31.7.2009, pp. 1-24.
- Road safety evolution in EU. December 2009. accessible in World Wide Web: http:// ec.europa.eu/transport/ road_safety/observatory/doc/historical_evol.pdf, [Access 8 Feb. 2010].
- SEC(2008) 2911, Demography Report 2008: Meeting Social Needs in an Ageing Society.
- SEC(2008)2206, Commission staff working document accompanying the communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council: Greening Transport.
- SEC(2008)2207, Commission staff working paper accompanying communication from the commission to the European Parliament, to the Council, to the Economic and Social Committee and to the Committee of the Regions: Strategy for the internalisation of external costs Technical annex to the strategy for the internalisation of external costs.
- The Greening transport package. [Access 16 January 2010]. Accessible in World Wide Web: http://ec.europa. eu/ transport/strategies/2008_greening_transport_en.htm.
- Traffi c Safety Basic Facts 2007. Accessible in World Wide Web: http://ec.europa.eu/ transport/ roadsafety_library/care/doc/safetynet/2007/bfs2007_sn-kfv-1-3-mainfigures.pdf. [Access 8 February 2009].
- Treaty establishing the European Economic Community. Rome, 25th March 1957.
Publication order reference