The Volhynian Gymnasium (and since 1818 Lyceum) in Kremenets was one of the most important Polish schools of the first half of the 19th century. Raising it to the rank of a lyceum coincided with the creation of the University of Warsaw. The new school on academic level operating in the city of the Society of Friends of Science (Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk) aroused interest among students in Kremenets. More than a dozen of them entered the University. Moreover, teachers of the school were invited to collaborate with the University of Warsaw. In 1830 a doctor from Kremenets, Karol Kaczkowski, became university professor and head of the clinic of internal medicine. He left memoirs in which he colourfully described professors of the medical faculty. On the other hand, Alojzy Feliński, who was offered professorship at the University of Warsaw, preferred a job in Kremenets. Besides scientific contacts there were also social relationships and family ties. Alojzy Osiński, brother of a University of Warsaw professor, Ludwik Osiński, taught Polish and Latin literature in Kremenets.