Estimation of Mean on The Basis of Conditional Simple Random Sample
Languages of publication
Estimation of the population mean in a finite and fixed population on the basis of the conditional simple random sampling design dependent on order statistics (quantiles) of an auxiliary variable is considered. Properties of the well-known Horvitz-Thompson and ratio type estimators as well as the sample mean are taken into account under the conditional simple random sampling designs. The considered examples of empirical analysis lead to the conclusion that under some additional conditions the proposed estimation strategies based on the conditional simple random sample are usually more accurate than the mean from the simple random sample drawn without replacement.
- DAVID, H. A., NAGARAJA, H. N., (2003). Order statistics. John Wiley & Sons.
- HORVITZ, D. G., THOMPSON, D. J., (1952). A generalization of the sampling without replacement from finite universe. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 47, pp. 663–685.
- ROYALL, R. M., CUMBERLAND, W. G., (1981). An empirical study of the ratio estimator and estimators of its variance. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 76.
- SÄRNDAL, C. E., SWENSSON, B., WRETMAN, J., (1992). Model Assisted Survey Sampling. Springer Verlag, New York-Berlin-Heidelberg-London-Paris-Tokyo-Hong Kong-Barcelona-Budapest.
- TILLé, Y., (1998). Estimation in surveys using conditional inclusion probabilities: Simple random sampling. International Statistical Review, 66, pp. 303–322.
- TILLé, Y., (2006). Sampling Algorithms. Springer.
- WYWIAŁ, J. L., (2003). On conditional sampling strategies. Statistical Papers, Vol. 44, 3, pp. 397–419.
- WYWIAŁ, J. L., (2014). On conditional simple random sample. Statistics in Transition new series, Vol. 15, 4, pp. 525–534.
Publication order reference