Almost Unbiased Ratio and Product Type Exponential Estimators
Languages of publication
This paper considers the problem of estimating the population mean Y of the study variate y using information on auxiliary variate x. We have suggested a generalized version of Bahl and Tuteja (1991) estimator and its properties are studied. It is found that asymptotic optimum estimator (AOE) in the proposed generalized version of Bahl and Tuteja (1991) estimator is biased. In some applications, biasedness of an estimator is disadvantageous. So applying the procedure of Singh and Singh (1993) we derived an almost unbiased version of AOE. A numerical illustration is given in the support of the present study.
- BAHL, S. and TUTEJA, R. K. (1991). Ratio and product type exponential estimator, Information and Optimization Sciences, vol. 12 (1), 159-163.
- MURTHY, M. N. (1964). Product method of estimation. Sankhya, A, 26, 69-74.
- MURTHY, M. N. (1967). Sampling Theory and Methods. Statistical Publishing Society, Calcutta, India.
- SINGH, S. and SINGH, R. (1993). A new method: Almost separation of bias precipitates in sample surveys. Jour. Ind. Stat. Assoc., 31, 99-105.
- STEEL, R. G. D. and TORRIE, J. H. (1960). Principles and Procedures of Statistics, Mc Graw Hill, New York.
Publication order reference