Are the urban poor satisfied with health care services for child delivery? Evidence from an Urban Primary Health Care (UPHC) Project in Bangladesh
Languages of publication
- Alkema L, Chou D, Hogan D, et al. Global, regional, and national levels and trends in maternal mortality between 1990 and 2015, with scenario-based projections to 2030: a systematic analysis by the UN Maternal Mortality Estimation Inter-Agency Group. Lancet 2016;387(10010): 462–474.
- EPMM working group. Strategies toward ending preventable maternal mortality (EPMM). Geneva: World Health Organization, 2015 [cited 10.01.2016]. Available from URL: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/153540/1/WHO_RHR_15.03_eng.pdf.
- Smith V, Devane D, Begley CM, et al. Methodology in conducting a systematic review of systematic reviews of healthcare interventions.BMC Med Res Methodol 2011; 11(1): 15, doi: 10.1186/1471-2288-11-15.
- Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) and UNICEF Bangladesh. Bangladesh Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2012–2013, Progotir Pathey: Final Report, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2014 [cited 21.02. 2015]. Available from URL: https://www.unicef.org/bangladesh/MICS_Final_21062015_Low.pdf.
- WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, WORLD BANK. Maternal mortality in 2005. Estimates developed by WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and the World Bank.Geneva: WHO; 2007.
- World Health Organization. World health statistics 2013. A wealth of information on global health. Geneva: WHO; 2013.
- Arifeen SE, Hill K, Ahsan KJ, et al. Maternal mortality in Bangladesh: a Countdown to 2015 country case study. Lancet 2014; 384(9951):1366–1374, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ S0140-6736 (14)60955-7.
- The World Bank, United Nations Population Division. UN Estimate is 170 as per an alternative means of calculation: “Trends in Maternal Mortality: 1990–2013, Estimate by WHO, UNFPA”. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2014
- National Institute of Population Research and Training (NIPORT), MEASURE Evaluation, and ICDDR, B. Bangladesh maternal mortality and health care survey 2010. Dhaka, Bangladesh: NIPORT, MEASURE Evaluation, and ICDDR, B 2012 [cited 16.10.2014]. Available from URL: https://www.measureevaluation.org/resources/publications/tr-12-87.
- Ministry of Local Government, Rural development and Cooperatives. Bangladesh. Urban Primary Health Care Services Delivery Project (Project Paper), Local Government Division, Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives, Bangladesh. Dhaka:MOLGRD&C; 2012: 30.
- World Health Organization. Making pregnancy safer: the critical role of the skilled attendant: a joint statement by WHO, ICM, FIGO.Geneva: WHO; 2004.
- Larrabee JH, Bolden LV. Defining patient-perceived quality of nursing care. J Nurs Care Qual 2001; 16(1): 34–60.
- Marcinowicz L, Gugnowski Z, Strumiło J, et al. Czy pacjenci chcą oceniać jakość opieki zdrowotnej? Krótki sondaż wśród pacjentów. Fam Med Prim Care Rev 2015; 17(1): 28–32 (in Polish).
- Hasan A, Chompikul J, Bhuiyan SU. Patient satisfaction with maternal and child health services among mothers attending the maternal and child health training institute in Dhaka, Bangladesh. J Public Health Dev 2007; 5(3): 23–33.
- Andaleeb SS, Siddiqui N, Khandakar S. Patient satisfaction with health services in Bangladesh. HPP 2007; 22: 263–273.
- Rahman MM, Shahidullah M, Shahiduzzaman M, et al. Quality of Health care from patient’s perspectives. Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull 2002; 28(3): 87–96.
- National Institute of Population Research and Training (NIPORT), Mitra and Associates, and MEASURE DHS, ICF International. Bangladesh demographic and health survey 2011. Dhaka, Bangladesh and USAID: NIPORT, Mitra and Associates, and MEASURE DHS, ICF International 2012.
- Marshall NG, Hays DR. The patient Satisfaction Questionnaire Short Form (PSQ-18). RAND Paper, RAND Corporation, 1994 [cited 01.12.2014]. Available from URL: www.rand.org/pubs/papers/P7865.html.
- IBM Corp. Released 2013. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 22.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp. 2013.
- Sterne JA, White IR, Carlin JB, et al. Multiple imputation for missing data in epidemiological and clinical research: potential and pitfalls.BMJ 2009; 338: 2393 [online] [cited 23.10.2015]. Available from URL: http://www.bmj.com/content/338/bmj.b2393.
- Ashraf M, Ashraf F, Rahman A, et al. Assessing women’s satisfaction level with maternity services: evidence from Pakistan. Int J Coll Res Inter Med Pub Health 2012; 4(11): 1841–1851.
- Tayelgn A, Zegeye DT, Kebede Y. Mothers’ satisfaction with referral hospital delivery service in Amhara Region, Ethiopia. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2011; 11: 78, doi: 10.1186/1471-2393-11-78.
- Van Teijlingen ER, Hundley V, Rennie AM, et al. Maternity satisfaction studies and their limitations: “What is, must still be best”. Birth 2003; 30(2): 75–82.
- Lumadi TG, Buch E. Patients’ satisfaction with midwifery services in a regional hospital and its referring clinics in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. Afr J Nurs Midwifery 2011; 13(2):14–28.
- Uzochukwu BS, Onwujekwe O, Akpala C. Community satisfaction with the quality of maternal and child health services in southeast Nigeria. East Afr Med J 2004; 81(6): 293. Available from URL: http://ajol.info/index.php.
- Senarath U, Fernando DN, Rodrigo I. Factors determining client satisfaction with hospital-based perinatal care in Sri Lanka. Trop Med Int Health 2006; 11: 1442–1451, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2006.01698.
- Erci B, Ivanov L. The relationship between women’s satisfaction with prenatal care service and the characteristics of the pregnant women and the service. Eur J Contracept Reproductive Health Care 2004; 9: 16–28, doi: 10.1080/136251180410001699241.
- Bélanger-Lévesque MN, Pasquier M, Roy-Matton N, et al. Maternal and paternal satisfaction in the delivery room: a cross-sectional comparative study. BMJ Open 2014; 4: e004013, doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2013-004013.
- Khumalo N. Factors that influence patients’ satisfaction with peri-partum care in Germiston Hospital maternity unit. A research report submitted to the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, in partial fulfillment of the Requirements for the degree of Master of Family Medicine, Johannesburg 2013 [cited 12.01.2017]. Available from URL: http://hdl.handle.net10539/14586.
- Hildingsson I, Thomas JE. Women’s perspectives on maternity services in Sweden: processes, problems, and solutions. J Midwifery Women’s Health 2007; 52(2): 126–133
- Bitew K, Ayichiluhm M, Yimam K. Maternal satisfaction on delivery service and its associated factors among mothers who gave birth in public health facilities of Debre Markos Town, Northwest Ethiopia. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. BioMed Res Int 2015; 1–6, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/460767.
- Dzomeku MV. Maternal satisfaction with care during labor: a case study of the Mampong-Ashanti district hospital maternity unit in Ghana. Int J Nurs Midwifery 2011; 3(3): 30–34.
- Changole J, Bandawe C, Makanani B, et al. Patients’ satisfaction with reproductive health services at Gogo Chatinkha Maternity Unit,Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, Blantyre, Malawi. Malawi Med J 2010; 22(1): 5–9.
- Matejić B, Milićević MT, Vasić V, et al. Maternal satisfaction with organized perinatal care in Serbian public hospitals. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2014; 14: 14, doi: 10.1186/1471-2393-14-14.
- Christiaens W, Bracke P. Assessment of social psychological determinants of satisfaction with childbirth in a cross-national perspective.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2007; 7: 26.
- Bazant ES, Koenig MA. Women’s satisfaction with delivery care in Nairobi’s informal settlements. Int J Qual Health Care 2009; 21(2):79–86.
- Hossain I, Hoque MM. Determinants of choices of delivery care in some urban slums of Dhaka city. PJSS 2005; 3: 469–475.
- Amooti-Kaguna B, Nuwaha F. Factors influencing choice of delivery sites in Rakai district of Uganda. Soc Sci Med 2000; 50: 203–213.
- Onah HE, Ikeako LC, Iloabachie GC. Factors associated with the use of maternity services in Enugu, southeastern Nigeria. Soc Sci Med 2006; 63: 1870–1878.
- Al Ahmar E, Tarraf S. Assessment of the socio-demographic factors associated with the satisfaction related to the childbirth experience.Open J Obstet Gynecol 2014; 4: 585–611, doi: 10.4236/ojog.2014.410083.
- Bicking Kinsey C, Hupcey JE. State of the science of maternal-infant bonding: a principle-based concept of analysis. Midwifery 2013; 29:1314–1320, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2012.12.019.
- Salonen AH, Kaunonen M, Åstedt-Kurki P, et al. Parenting satisfaction during the immediate postpartum period: factors contributing to mothers’ and fathers’ perceptions. J Clin Nurs 2010; 19: 1716–1728.
- Sadler LC, Davison T, McCowan LME. Maternal satisfaction with active management of labor: a randomized controlled trial. Birth 2001;28(4): 225–235.
- Hager ER, Candelaria M, Latta LW, et al. Maternal perceptions of toddler body size. Accuracy and satisfaction differ by toddler weight status. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2012; 166(5): 417–422, doi: 10.1001/archpe
- Tyszko PZ, Nitsch-Osuch A, Mińko M, et al. Primary health care tasks in implementing the main operations of public health. Fam Med Prim Care Rev 2016; 18(3): 394–397.iatrics.2011.1900
Publication order reference