Podróże do źródeł zła – wokół powieści Louis-Ferdinanda Céline’a
Languages of publication
Prose written by Louis-Ferdinand Celine, could be regarded as a classic of XX-century modernism, but as is usually is, this kind of creativity is not closed in the narrow framework. The most important and recognized novel by the writer is Journey to the end of the night, but the next book for example Death on credit can be clearly proven as equally interesting and bold. Themes for the work: anxiety, confusion, absurdity, travel, and general pessimism define a kind of literature that has found both as followers of other writers and loyal readers. World in books Celine is a purely human, and the people populating this world are being weak, selfish and evil, devoid of any positive qualities. The author makes a clear statement – that the world is not bad in itself, but the people make it so. In my work I have tried to find as many arguments supporting such a reading of the texts. But Celine is also a great stylist uses slang as the most important component of his work. The characteristic Parisian street lingo writer brings to perfection stylizing expression of the main characters in the spoken language, live, which is devoid of artificial treatments characterize the contemporary French literature. The combination of these two components, one hand gripping the innovative and modern literary or slang, street language, and the apocalyptic vision of the world in its plot has resulted in a fascinating aberration. Celine leads his characters through the horrors of the modern world: war, poverty, racism, slavery, colonies, highlights the misery and hypocrisy of the times in which they live. It does, however, by such means, which were previously overlooked or omitted for various reasons. In the case of Celine’s life and artistic creation to a lesser or greater extent intermingle which one another, which further heats the interest of the work of a writer with clean styling accused against his own autobiography. In Polish bibliography there are few positions witch describes writers novels. During its deliberations I have used mostly Maria Gołaszewska work of philosophy, and Julia Kristeva books, who for her own psychoanalytic interpretation „created” and throw distorted perception works. With this researcher I tried to argue very fiercely.
- Bieńkowski Z., Modelunki. Szkice literackie, Warszawa 2009.
- Céline L.F., Listy do Miltona Hindusa, Literatura na Świecie 1990, nr 12.
- Céline L.F., Podróż do kresu nocy, Izabelin 2005.
- Gołaszewska M., Fascynacja złem – eseje z teorii wartości, Warszawa–Kraków 1994.
- Hedemann O, Kalendarium życia i twórczości Louisa-Ferdinanda Céline’a, Literatura na Świecie 1990.
- Hedemann O., Céline w poszukiwaniu nowej formy powieści, Warszawa 1990.
- Hedemann O., Poetyka Céline’a, Literatura na Świecie 1990.
- Heistein J., Literatura francuska XX wieku, Warszawa 1991.
- Kamyszew K., Wstęp, [w:] L.-F. Céline, Podróż do kresu nocy, Literatura na Świecie, nr 12, 1990.
- Kristeva J., Potęga obrzydzenia. Esej o wstręcie, Kraków 2007.
- Lagarde F., Wiek Céline’a. Z Philippe’em Muray rozmawia François Lagarde, Literatura na Świecie, nr 12, 1990.
- Musiał G., Cud Geneta (przyczynek do dyskusji), [w:] Odmieńcy, red. M. Janion i Z. Majchrowski, Gdańsk 1982.
- Pascal B., Myśli, Warszawa 1999.
- Wolter, Kandyd, [w:] Idem, Powiastki filozoficzne, Warszawa 1985.
Publication order reference