O tratamento das formas de tratamento nas aulas de português língua estrangeira
Selected contents from this journal
The treatment of the forms of treatment in the classes of Portuguese as a foreign language
Languages of publication
The terms T and V, based on the Latin pronouns tu and vos, are more connected with a specified society and its culture than with the language they belong to. The terms concern human behaviours and interpersonal relations and they change constantly as the relations evolve. The system of T‑V terms in European Portuguese is very rich, that is why its teaching is a true challenge. It is not really about the lexical terms, it is a combination of pragmatics and sociocultural factors, which, connected to them, promotes the creation and the maintenance of cooperative domain as the first step to a successful communication essential in the usage of the language. To be so, the lexical T‑V terms, as well as the pragmatics and sociocultural factors, create the unique matter of teaching/learning at classes of Portuguese as a foreign language.
- Alves , J. M. (ed.) (2001), Quadro Europeu Comum de Referência para as Línguas. Aprendizagem, ensino, avaliação, Edições Asa, Lisboa.
- Brown , P., Levinson , S. C. (1987), Politeness: Some universals in language usage, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Duarte , I. M. (2010), “Formas de tratamento: item gramatical no ensino do Português Língua Materna”, em: Brito, A.M. (org.), Gramática: história, teorias, aplicações, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Letras, Porto, pp. 133‑146.
- Goffman , E. (1955), “On Face‑work: An Analysis of Ritual Elements of Social Interaction”, Psychiatry: Journal for the Study of Interpersonal Processes, 18, 3, Nova Iorque, pp. 213‑231.
- Leech , G. N. (1983), Principles of Pragmatics, Longman, London–New York.
- Marques , M. E. R. (1988), Complementação verbal. Estudo sociolinguístico (Tese de doutoramento), Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa.
- Marques , M. E. R. (1995), Sociolinguística, Universidade Aberta, Lisboa.
Publication order reference