Subsampling The Non-Respondents in Cluster Sampling on Sampling on Two Successive Occasions
Languages of publication
The problem of estimation of finite population mean for current occasion in the context of cluster sampling on two successive occasions when there is non-response on both the occasions. Estimators for the current occasion are derived as the particular case when there is non-response on first occasion and second occasion only. A comparison between variances of the estimates is studied. An empirical study is made to study the performance of the proposed strategy.
- ARNAB, R. (1980): Two-stage sampling over two occasions. Aust. J. Statist., 22, 349-357.
- COCHRAN, W. G. (1977): Sampling Techniques, 3rd edition, John Wiley and Sons. New York.
- CHOUDHARY, R. K., BATHLA, H. V. L. and SUD, U. C. (2004): On non-response in sampling on two occasions. J. Indian Soc. Agricultural Statist., 58, 331-343.
- FRAYER, W. E. and FURNIVAL, G. M. (1967): Area change estimates from sampling with partial replacement. Forest Science, 13, 72-77.
- HANSEN, M. H. and HURWITZ, W. N. (1994): The problem of the non-response in sample surveys. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 41, 517-529.
- JESSEN, R. K. (1942): Statistical investigation of a sample survey for obtaining farm Facts. Iowa Agr. Exp. Stat. Res. Bull., 304.
- KATHURIA, O. P. (1975): Some estimators in two-stage sampling on successive occasions with partial matching at both stages. Sankhya, 37, 147-162.
- KHARE, B. B. and SRIVASTAVA, S. (1993): Estimation of population mean using auxiliary character in presence of non-response. Nat. Acad. Sc. Letters, India, 16(3), 111-114.
- KHARE, B. B. and SRIVASTAVA, S. (1995): Study of conventional and alternative two -phase sampling ratio, product and regression estimators in presence of non-response. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. India, 65(A), II, 195-203.
- KHARE, B. B. and SRIVASTAVA, S. (1997): Transformed ratio type estimators for the population mean in the presence of non-response. Comm. Statist. - Theory Methods, 26(7), 1779-1791.
- OKAFOR, F. C. (2001): Treatment of non-response in successive sampling, Statistica, LXI, (2), 195-204.
- OKAFOR, F. C. (2005): Sub-sampling the non-respondents in two-stage sampling over two successive occasions. Jour. Ind. Statist. Assoc., 43, 33-49.
- OKAFOR, F. C. and LEE, H. (2000): Double sampling for ratio and regression estimation with sub-sampling the non-respondent. Survey Methodology, 26, 183-188.
- PRADHAN, B. K. (2004): On efficient of cluster sampling on sampling on two Occasions. Statistica, anno LXIV, 1, 183-191.
- RAJ, D. (1979): Sampling Theory, Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, 152-162.
- RAO, P. S. R. S. (1986): Ratio estimation with sub sampling the non-respondents. Survey methodology, 12(2), 217-230.
- SINGH, D. (1968): Estimates in successive sampling using a multistage design,. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 63, 99-112.
- SINGH, H. P. and KUMAR, S. (2008 a): Estimation of population product in presence of non-response in successive sampling. Statistical Papers, 51(4), 975-996.
- SINGH, H. P. and KUMAR, S. (2008 b): Effect of non-response in sampling over two successive occasions using auxiliary information. Statistics in Transition – new series, 9, (2), 273-296.
- SINGH, H. P., SINGH, HARI P. and SINGH, V. P. (1992): A generalized efficient class of estimators of population mean in two-phase and successive sampling. Int. Jour. Management and Systems, 8, (2), 173-183.
- SINGH, H. P. and VISHWAKARMA, G. K. (2007): A general class of estimators in successive sampling. METRON, LXV, (2), 201-227.
- SUKHATME, P. V. and SUKHATME, B. V. (1970): Sampling theory of surveys with Applications. Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome, Second Edition.
- TABASUM, R.. and KHAN, I. A. (2004): Double sampling for ratio estimation with non Response. Jour. Ind. Soc. Agril. Statist., 58(3), 300-306.
- TABASUM, R.. and KHAN, I. A. (2006): Double Sampling Ratio Estimator for the population mean in Presence of Non-Response. Assam Statist. Review, 20(1), 73-83.
- WARE, K. D. and CUNIA, T. (1962): Continuous forest inventory with partial replacement of samples. Forest Science Monograph No. 3, Society of American Foresters, Bethesda.
- ZARKOVICH, S. S. and KRANE, J. (1965): Some efficient ways of cluster sampling. Proceedings of 35th session of International Statistical Institute, Belgrade.
Publication order reference