Community art jako element edukacji obywatelskiej i kulturalnej w Holandii
Community art as an element of civic and cultural education in the Netherlands
Languages of publication
In this paper the author presents the community art as an example of practices that can be perceived as the element of both cultural as well as civic education. While stressing the pragmatic approaches and practice-oriented methods of teaching and learning in the Netherlands, the author presents shortly the formal premises of both types of education. Then the practice of community art has been described and analysed. The description is based on ethnographic study conducted in one of the Dutch cities. This piece of research is pertained to the street theatre and pantomimic visual art. In her analyses, the author highlights the potential of community art to rising both the civic and cultural awareness of community art participants. The paper also aims to show that community art fulfills not only the educational but also political role in the Netherlands being perceived as rightful partner of professional arts.
- Braak – van Kasteel I., The role of community art projects within and without the school curriculum, “Diversity, Communication and Coexistence. Special Issue”, 2011.
- Burger A., Dekker P., The nonprofit sector in the Netherlands, Den Haag 2001.
- Dekker H., Citizenship Conceptions and Competencies in Subject Matter “Society” in the Dutch Schools w: J. Torney- Putra, J. Schwille, J. Amadeo (red.), Civic Education Across Countries: Twenty- four National Case Studies from the IEA Civic Education Project, IEA 1999.
- European Job Mobility Laboratory, Partnerships among Employment Services, Alphametrics 2011.
- Eurydice, Citizenship Education at School in Europe, Belgium, 2005.
- Giddens A., Stanowienie społeczeństwa. Zarys teorii strukturacji, Poznań 2003.
- Haanstra F., Dutch Studies of Effects of Arts Education Programs on School Success, “Studies in Art Education A Journal of Issues and Research”, 2000 42(1).
- Hofstede G. J., Hofstede H. , Kultury i organizacje. Zaprogramowanie Umysłu, Warszawa 2007.
- Netherlands Institute for Human Rights, Strategic plan. https://mensenrechten.nl/sites/default/files/2012-11-20%20Strategisch%20plan%20ENG.pdf (26.11 2014)
- Netherlands, Amateur arts, cultural associations and civil initiatives http://www.culturalpolicies.net/web/netherlands.php?aid=841
- Netherlands. Arts and cultural education http://www.culturalpolicies.net/web/netherlands.php?aid=832 (18.10. 2014)
- Nonaka I., Takeuchi H., The Knowledge Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation, New York 1995.
- Pons K., Huveneers W., Citizenship In Dutch VET & Higher Education, Maastricht 2009.
- Sandfort T., The Dutch Response to HIV: Pragmatism and Consensus, London 1998.
- U.S. Department of Education, Improving learning in schools with arts partners in the community, http://www.artsdel.org/ArtsEducation/LearningPartnerships.pdf (10.12. 2014)
- van Erven, E. Community Theatre. Global perspective, London, New York, 2001, s. 55-56.
Publication order reference