Pharaonic disguise. Contemporary politics in Egyptian camouflage
Selected contents from this journal
Languages of publication
This paper presents a few insights into certain aspects of Egyptian themes in Polish literature in two short stories from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, namely ‘From the Legends of Ancient Egypt’ by B. Prus and ‘The Judgment of Osiris’ by H. Sienkiewicz, which both utilized the tool of Egyptianization in political commentary of the time.
- Czerwiński E. J. (ed.) 1994. Dictionary of Polish Literature. Westport CT ,London.
- Dawson W. R., Uphill E. P. and Bierbrier M. L. 1995. Who Was Whoin Egyptology. London.
- Kalfatovic M. R. 1992. Nile Notes of a Howadji: a Bibliographyof Travelers’ Tales from Egypt, from the Earliest Time to 1918.Metuchen NJ, London.
- Kasparek C. 1994. Prus’ Pharaoh: the Creation of a Historical Novel.The Polish Review 1, 45-50. New York.
- Milosz C. 1983. The History of Polish Literature. Berkeley, Los Angeles,London (2nd ed.).
Publication order reference