PL EN


2006 | 1 | 109-113
Article title

„STUDIA I MATERIAŁY DO DZIEJÓW ŻUP SOLNYCH W POLSCE” t. XXIV, Wyd. Muzeum Żup Krakowskich, Wieliczka 2005, 390 s.

Authors
Content
Title variants
EN
“STUDIES AND MATERIAL FOR THE HISTORY OF SALT MINES IN POLAND” t. XXIV, Ed. Muzeum Żup Krakowskich, Wieliczka 2005, 390 p.
Languages of publication
PL
Abstracts
EN
The presented publication contains 14 works associated with the activity of the Museum of the Cracow Salt Mines in Wieliczka pertaining to geology, archaeology, history, and the history of technology. The articles are accompanied by summaries in English. The authors of the first article: Katarzyna Cyran and Jerzy Przybyła, described the geological construction and hydrogeological conditions of one of the most interesting workings – “Pieskowa Skała” – in the Wieliczka salt mine. In the next article, Józef Charkot took into consideration the development of mining technology and outlined the development of the salt mine in Bochnia in 1772-1990. The technology of salt mining and safety in the Wieliczka mine are the topics of the article by Łukasz Walczy, who discussed the protection of the workings and underground excavation (1772-1918). In the fourth article, Barbara Konwerska and Małgorzata Międzyborska presented the financial profits gained by the administrators of the salt mine (royal property) from the end of the thirteenth century to 1772. Barbara Konwerska went on to write about the exploitation of the Wieliczka mine in the light of the benefits enjoyed by its employees in the years 1772-1914. The consecutive three articles (authors: Antoni Barciak, Roman Stelmach, and Maciej Zdanek) deal with the Cistercian order in Poland. The following articles consider the Polish settlers who from the eighteenth century to the beginning of the twentieth century appeared the locality of Kaczyca (Cacica, today: Bukovina in Rumania) in connection with the local salt mines (authors: Kazimierz Jurczak, Marcin Marynowski, Corneliu Zup, and Kazimierz Longher). The publication ends with two archaeological communiques about the Museum of the Cracow Salt Mines by Jarosław M. Fraś and Szymon Pawlikowski.
Year
Issue
1
Pages
109-113
Physical description
Dates
published
2006
Contributors
author
  • Regionalny Ośrodek Badań Dokumentacji Zabytków w Toruniu
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
ISSN
0029-8247
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.desklight-0d0abc9e-c92f-4e41-8d57-3f44ebda3a52
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.