The Regularities of the Regional Asymmetry of Small and Medium Enterprise Development
Selected contents from this journal
Languages of publication
The aim of the conducted study was to identify the regularities of the regional asymmetry of development of small and medium enterprise. The subject of the study is the influence of the area factors on the activities of small and medium-sized businesses. The authors are proposing their own original method of assessment of the regional asymmetry of small and medium enterprise development. The study enabled the authors to identify the following regularities. Firstly, the level of the regional asymmetry of small and medium enterprise development does not depend on the size of the area occupied by the region. Secondly, the level of the asymmetry is inversely proportional to the level of the economic development of the region. Besides that, the case study ofthe North-West federal district ofthe Russian Federation revealed a number of features of the regional asymmetry of small and medium enterprise development in the countries having significant territorial expanse.
- Behrens K. 2005. How endogenous asymmetries in interregional market access trigger regional divergence. Regional Science and Urban Economics, 35: 471-492.
- Duplenko N.G. 2011. The features of the functioning of small enterprises in the conditions of regional exclavity. Vestnik of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, 3: 93- 99.
- Economidou C., Kool C. 2009. European economic integration and (a)symmetry of macroeconomic fluctuations. Economic Modelling, 26: 778-787.
- Kalemli-Ozcan S., Sorensen B.E., Yosha O. 2001. Economic integration, industrial specialization, and the asymmetry of macroeconomic fluctuations. Journal of International Economics, 55: 107- 137.
- Kim Y.H. 2005. The optimal path of regional economic integration between asymmetric countries in the North East Asia. Journal of Policy Modeling, 27: 673-687.
- OECD Factbook 2013: Economic, Environmental and Social Statistics. 2013. OECD Publishing, Paris.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service. 2011. Results of the stop- watch reading of the activities of entities of small and medium enterprise in 2010 in the regions of the RF broken down by municipal entities. http://www.gks.ru/freeJoc/newjite/business/prom/smalLbusiness/region.htm (access on 14 February 2013)
Publication order reference