Modern Trends in Consumer Behaviour in Era of E-communication
Languages of publication
The occurrence and spread of new technologies and Internet have played crucial role in the development of international marketing communication with consumers. It can be observed that e-communication with consumers is gaining on popularity and becoming one of the most important tools in the integrated marketing communication of companies and enterprises nowadays. Moreover, e-communication has significant influence on the creation of new trends in consumer behaviour. Rising amount of e-business and new technologies, social media popularity and internet availability led to the creation of e-consumer term. Consumers are aware of almost unlimited possibilities offered by the Internet as a result became more demanding. Companies also became more aware of new technologies and its marketing potential. Engagement of e-media by companies in communication with consumers can be observed with higher and higher frequency. These phenomenon have prompted the change of consumers behaviour patterns on global scale and yet, appearance of new trends. The aim of this paper is to identify and characterize modern trends in consumer behaviour in era of e-communication. The first part of paper investigate the concept of e-communication. Then, modern trends in consumer behaviour will be discussed in response to Internet technology usage in international marketing communication.
- Boone L., Kurtze D.: Contemporary Marketing, Cengage Education, 2012.
- Cisco: The Internet of Things, Cisco IBSG, March 2013.
- Duermeyer R.: Viral Marketing - Internet Viral Marketing, available on: http:// homebusiness.about.com/od/homebusinessglossar1/g/viral-marketing.htm.
- Ericsson. Consumer Lab: Mobilizing Everyday Activity, An Ericsson Consumer Insight Summary Report, December 2011.
- Hakely C.: Advertising and promotion. An Integrated Marketing Communication approach, Sage Publications, Sydney 2011.
- Hatalska N.: TrendBook 2012, http://hatalska.com, marzec 2012.
- Hatalska N.: Trendbook 2013. Natalia Hatalska http://hatlska.com, April 2013.
- Khan O.: The Mobile Marketing Phenomenon: Towards Personalisation, 2009, available on: http://pakmediablog.net/518/the-mobile-marketing-phenomenon- towards-personalisation/.
- Ofcom: The Communication Market Report: International, 13.12.2012, http:// stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/ (accessed 14.04.2013).
- Pilarczyk B.: Procesy komunikacji marketingowej a pozycjonowanie marek. In: Współczesny marketing. Trendy. Działania, Red. G. Sobczyk. PWE, Warszawa 2008.
- PWC: IAB Internet Advertising revenue report. 2012 full year results. April 2013.
- Rayfield D.: Get Your Business Moving: 9 types of Mobile Marketing, available on: http://harpsocial.com/2010/03/get-your-business-moving-9-types-ofmobile- marketing/.
- Vetter S.: 3 Trends in Consumer Behaviour, 2013, available on: http://www.prosar. com/inbound_marketing_blog/bid/173578/3-Trends-in-Consumer-Behaviour.
- Wasil G.: What is Affiliate Marketing and How to start with it ?, available on: http://www.vast9.com/blogging/affiliate-marketing-start/.
- Website of AdWords: http://adwords.blogspot.com/.
- Website of Developers: http://developer.android.com.
- Website of infusion SEO: http://www.infusionseo.com/blog/.
- Website of Management Study Guide: http://www.managementstudyguide.com/.
- Website of Mobile Marketing Association: http://www.mmaglobal.com/news/.
- Website of Mobile-ent: http://www.mobile-ent.biz/.
- Website of NetworkWorld: http://www.networkworld.com/.
- Website of SearchEngine: http://searchenginewatch.com/article.
- Website of startups: http://www.startups.co.uk/.
- Website of Trendwatching: http://trendwatching.com/.
- Website of WordStream: http://www.wordstream.com/.
- Website of WPP: http://www.wpp.com/wpp/.
- Wiktor J.: Promocja. System komunikacji przedsiębiorstwa z rynkiem, Wydawnictwo naukowe PWN, Warszawa 2006.
Publication order reference