Elementy procesu tworzenia strategii rozwoju organizacji pozarządowych
Elements of Non-Governmental Organizations’ development strategy creation process
Languages of publication
Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) represent an important link in the process of local development. They influence local community activation and constitute the natural tool of endogenous developmental projects implementation. Development strategies of these organizations function as a signpost indicating the most important tasks to be carried out in the years to come. The purpose of this study is to determine and characterize the stages, elements of Non Governmental Organizations’ development strategies creation with particular emphasis on SWOT analysis and the key strategic goals based on the example of selected organizations from Dzierżoniów and Złotoryja districts. The analysis of 10 NGOs was prepared based on the consultancy process conducted in the period 2012-2014. In this process the following research methods were applied: subject literature query and undisguised observation. Strategic workshops and study visits (in the seats of particular NGOs) were taken under consideration. Moreover, the study also presents the list of thematic blocks carried out for NGOs.
- Anholt S., Competitive Identity. The New Branding Management for Nations, Cities and Regions, Palgrave Macmillan, New York 2007.
- Anholt S., Places. Identity, Image and Reputation, Palgrave Macmillan, New York 2010.
- Blair J., Carroll M., Local Economic Development. Analysis, Practices and Globalization, SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, 2009.
- Eden C., Ackermann F., Making Strategy. The Journey of Strategic Management, SAGE Publications, London 1998.
- Edwards M., Hulme D., NGO Performance and Accountability. Introduction and Overview, [w:] Non-governmental Organisations. Performance and Accountability. Beyond the Magic Bullet, eds. M. Edwards, D. Hulme, Earthscan Publications, London 1995.
- Florida R., Cities and the Creative Class, Routledge, New York 2005.
- Kotler P., Asplund C., Rein I., Haider D., Marketing places Europe. How to Attract Investments, Industries, Residents and Visitors to Cities, Communities, Regions and Nations in Europe, Financial Times, Prentice Hall, London 1999.
- Leigh N., Blakely E., Planning Local Economic Development. Theory and Practice, SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, 2013.
- Olmstead J., Creating the Functionally Competent Organization. an Open Systems Approach, Greenwood Publishing Group, Westport 2002.
- Pike A., Rodriguez-Pose A., Tomaney J., Local and Regional Development, Routledge, New York 2006.
- Porter M., Competitive Advantage. Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, The Free Press, Simon and Schuster, New York 1998.
- Raszkowski A., Place marketing in the process of territorial identity creation and strengthening, “Journal of European Economy” 2014, vol. 13, no. 2, published by Ternopil National Economic University.
- Raszkowski A., Selected factors contributing to the success of city promotion strategy, “Regional Development and Planning” 2012, vol. 4, issue 4, eds. P. Hlaváček, P. Olšová, Univerzity J.E. Purkyně v Ústí nad Labem.
- Runco M., Creativity. Theories and Themes. Research, Development, and Practice, Elsevier, London 2014.
- Stimson R., Stough R., Roberts B., Regional Economic Development. Analysis and Planning Strategy, Springer, Heidelberg 2006.
- Todaro M., Smith S., Economic Development, Pearson Education Limited, London 2009.
Publication order reference