PL EN


2011 | 38 | 57-71
Article title

Organizacja szpitala i domu zakonnego Zgromadzenia Sióstr Pasterek od Opatrzności Bożej w Toruniu w latach 1920 –1939

Content
Title variants
EN
The Inner Organization and Structure of the Hospital and the Convent of Congregatio Sororum Divini Pastoris a Providentia Divina in Toruń in the Years 1920–1939
DE
Innere Organisation und Struktur des Krankenhauses und des Klosters von Congregatio Sororum Divini Pastoris a Providentia Divina in Thorn in den Jahren 1920 –1939
Languages of publication
PL
Abstracts
EN
In 1920 the Congregatio Sororum Divini Pastoris a Providentia Divina (CSDP) was introduced to Toruń thanks to Dr Otton Steinborn. It was an important moment in the history of the congregation established by Maria Karłowska at the end of the 19th century, since it possessed its houses in 70 Poznań and Lublin only. The nuns charismata was the work with women from underclass, usually ex-prostitutes, treated as dregs of the society. On 21st September 1920 the Sisters took up the City Hospital (Podzamcze Street) that was left by German Red-Cross Sisters. Most of the patients were exprostitutes, thus Polish nuns hoped they would morally elevate women and girl in their care. One year later, in 1921 the Provincial Hospital of Good Shepherd (Wałdowska Street; today Skłodowskiej-Curie Street) was established. The sisters and their patients with venereal diseases were transferred to a new building. The director of the hospital was always a consultant doctor, who cooperated with nuns working as nurses. Among their duties were medical assistance during treatment and surgery. The CSDP in Toruń was active up to 1939. Its introduction revolutionized the treatment of venereal patients, changed the organization of young congregation and resulted in its vivid development in Pomerania.
DE
Die Congregatio Sororum Divini Pastoris a Providentia Divina kam nach Thorn im Jahre 1920. Diese Ereignis war von einer großen Bedeutung für die Geschichte der Konvent. Die Kongregation wurde von Maria Karłowska am Ende des 19 Jhs. etabliert und hatte ihre Häuser in Posen und Lublin. Sie wurde nach Thorn von Dr Otton Steinborn eingeladen. Als Charisma von Nonnen galt die Arbeit mit den Frauen, die aus Randgruppen stammen, insbesondere Prostituierten. Den 21. Sept. 1920 nahmen die Nonnen (anstelle von den Rotkreutzschwestern) Thorner Stadtkrankenhaus über. Die Patientinnen von der Heilanstalt waren am meisten Ex-Prostituierten, also man glaubte, dass die Nonnen den Frauen erbauen werden. Ein Jahr später wurde ein neues Krankenhaus – Wojewódzka Lecznica Dobrego Pasterza – an der Wałdowska Str. (heutzutage Skłodowska-Curie Str.) etablieret. Dort wurden sowohl die Nonnen, als auch die venerische Kranken, verlegt. Der Direktor des Krankenhauses war immer ein Arzt. Die Nonnen galten als Hilfskraft und Wächterinnen. Sie waren zuständig für (1) die Hilfe für Ärzte während der Operationen, ärztliche Verfahrungen etc., und für (2) die Pflege von Kranken, die im Hospital blieben. 71 Die Nonnen wurden in Thorn bis zum Jahr 1939 tätig. Ihre Arbeit im Thorner Krankenhaus hatte drei Folgen. Zum ersten, sie revolutionierte die Pflege venerischer Patienten, zum zweiten – sie beeinflusste die neue Kongregation, und zum dritten – sie galt als Entwicklungsfaktor für die geistliche Institution. Dank dessen konnte Congregatio Sororum Divini Pastoris a Providentia Divina ihre Wurzeln in Pommern schlagen.
Year
Issue
38
Pages
57-71
Physical description
Dates
published
2011
Contributors
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.desklight-1c650431-ad1d-47c9-b3f2-fd2f4ac45fee
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.