Rosjanie na Łotwie - Problem statusu i praw obywatelskich rosyjskich mieszkańców Republiki Łotewskiej
Russians in Latvia - the Problem of Status and Civic Rights of Russian Inhabitants in Latvia
Languages of publication
In 1991 the regenerating country of Latvia had to face the consequences of Soviet occupation, including the "colonization" of Latvian grounds by the influx of hundreds of thousands Russians supplying the industrial plants, offices and politics of Latvian SSR. The way that Russians and Latvians have been through if it comes to the relations between them was not straight, if we take the accompanying internal conditions and international context into account. Surely it also has not been finished and still requires the will of dialogue from both sides. Giving the opportunity of gaining the citizenship by naturalization, supporting everybody who was interested in getting civic rights and aiming at social integration Latvia has answered positively the question about the future of Russian inhabitants of the republic and challenges that appeared after years of occupation.
- A Passport to Social Cohesion and Economic Prosperity - Report on Education in Latvia 2000 (Executive summary), Soros Fundation - Latvia, Riga 2000.
- Apine I., Nationality Policy in the Baltic States w: he Baltic States at Historical Crossroads..., Academy of Sciences of Latvia, Riga 1998.
- Appeal of Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Igor Ivanow to OSCE Participating States, OSCE Summit in Bucharest, November 30, 2001.
- Baltic States Report - Volume 4 , No. 1, 3 January 2003 i No. 8, 4 March 2003 oraz Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia, „Domestic News", 13 June 2004.
- Blank S.J., Russia and the Baltics in the Age of NATO Enlargement, parameters" - US Army War College Quarterly, Autumn 1998, Vol. XXVII, No. 3, - www.army.mil/usawc/parameters.
- Commission Opinion on Latvia's Application for Membership of the European Union, Commission of the European Communities, Brussels, 15 Juli 1997.
- 2001 Regular Report on Latvia's Progress Towards Accession, Commission of the European Communities, Brussels, 13 November 2001.
- Ekmanis R., Russia, the West, and the Baltics, „Lituanus", Lithuanian Quarterly Journal of Arts and Sciences, Vol. 41, No.4 , Winter 1995. - www.lituanus.org.
- Human Rights in Latvia in 2003, Latvian Centre for Human Rights and Ethnic Studies, Riga, April 2004.
- Human Rights in Latvia in 2004, Latvian Centre for Human Rights and Ethnic Studies, Riga, May 2005.
- Integration of Society in Latvia: From Plans to Implementations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia, October-November 2002 (Nr. 28).
- Latvijas Republika Naturalizacijas Parvalde Facts and Statistics on Residents (January 1, 2006).
- Lieven A., The Baltic Revolution. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to Independence, Yale University Press, New Haven and London 1994.
- National and Ethnic Groups in Latvia, informative material, Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Latvia, National Affairs Section, Riga 1996.
- National Minorities in Latvia and Human Rights, The Latvian Human Rights Committee, Riga 1999
- Note on Selected Issues Concerning the Draft Latvian Law on Language, Office of the OSCE HCNM, 5 October 1999.
- OSCE Mission to Latvia, Activity Report No 73, 5 December 2001.
- Protection of Minorities, UN Commission of Human Rights, Sub-Commission on Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities, Forty-sixth session, Agenda item 18, E/CN.4/Sub.2/1994,48, 8 August 1994.
- Report by the Head of the OSCE Mission to Latvia, Ambassador Peter Semneby, to the Permanent Council of the OSCE in Vienna, 14 June 2001 - PC.FR/21/01, 12 June 2001.
- Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities - rosyjski projekt rezolucji na 54 sesję Komisji Praw Człowieka ONZ - sygn. E/CN.4/1998/L.32, 2 April 1998.
- Statement of the OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities, 23 June 1998.
- Stranga A., The End Product, A Crisis in Latvian-Russian Relations (March-August 1998) www.nato.int.
- Summary of the Report of Fact-Finding Mission to Latvia, w: Latvija, Human Rights: A Practical View, Republic of Latvia Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1993.
Publication order reference