Reforming Of Public Administration Of Social Service System In Ukraine In Conditions Of Sustainable Development
Languages of publication
Ukrainian society inherited a well-developed and expensive system of social services, which included various state institutions that belonged to different departments. Billions of hryvnias of budget funds were spent on these institutions, social services were not provided in full, and social services recipients were almost isolated from the family and society. Changing the priorities of state policy in solving these problematic issues requires not only legislative decision-making, but also practical implementation at all levels and, above all, at the local level, as well as reforming the system of public administration. The article describes the preconditions and peculiarities of the implementation of the reform of the social services system in Ukraine in order to successfully implement the goals of sustainable development. The article highlights the conceptual foundations of deinstitutionalization reforms in Ukraine. In the social policy of Ukraine, deinstitutionalization has become a top priority, primarily in the orphaned children social protection implementation, although it, to some extent, deals with other key categories involved in the process, namely, people with limited mental capabilities, the elderly, and offenders. The main advantages and risks of implementing this reform are analyzed. The application of the gate-keeping mechanism is suggested. Successful deinstitutionalization is possible only with the close cooperation of the state, public, charitable and religious organizations. The actions of all branches must be coordinated and lead to a common result.
- Boshnyak, V. (2010), Deinstitutionalization and reforms in the field of children’s protection – two sides of one medal: a view from abroad // Children’s rights, Vol.1, No9, pp. 7-9.
- Dakal, A. (2016), Reforming the institutional care and children upbringing in the context of their rights protection // Public Administration: Theory and Practice, Vol.2, pp. 97-105.
- Davydyuk, O. (2016), Deinstitutionalization of social services for the elderly in Ukraine // Demography and Social Economics, Ukrainian scientific journal, Vol. 2, No. 27, pp.143-155. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2016.02.143
- Davydyuk, O. (2018), Subjective approach to assessing the quality of care in residential institutions // Demography and Social Economics, Ukrainian scientific journal, Vol. 2, No. 32, pp. 100-113. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2018.01.100
- Dynnyk, I. (2015), Development of the ukrainian state in the context of implementation of the Strategy for sustainable development “Ukraine – 2020”// Collection of scientific works. Efficacy public administration, Issue 43, pp. 264-271.
- Keller Pavel (2017), The concept of social service in the vector of the living cycle of man in domestic and foreign practice // Conference proceedings “Human well-being, social cohesion and sustainable development: the quest for the responses to contemporary hallenges. Moscow.
- Kravchenko M. (2014), Mechanisms of decentralization of social services in Ukraine. Scientific Newsletter, Democratic Governance, Vol. 14. Available at: http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis_nbuv/cgiirbis_64.exe?I21DBN=LINK&P21DBN=UJRN&Z21ID=&S21REF=10&S21CNR=20&S21STN=1&S21FMT=ASP_meta&C21COM=S&2_S21P03=FILA=&2_S21STR=DeVr_2014_14_8
- Law of Ukraine “On Social Services” (2003). Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/966-15
- Official site of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (2018). Available at: https://www.msp.gov.ua/
- Research Institute of Labour and Employment (2016), Deinstitutionalization of Social Services: Some Aspects of Implementation in Ukraine. Available at: http://ipzn.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Deinstytualizatsiya-sotsialnogo-obslugovuvannya.pdf
- The Strategy of Sustainable Development “Ukraine 2020”. Available at: http://www.president.gov.ua/documents/18688.html
- United Nations Ukraine, 2017. Available at: http://www.un.org.ua/ua/informatsiinyi-tsentr/news/4202-uriad-ukrainy-zaprovadyv-novyi-kompleks-zavdan-ta-pokaznykiv-rozvytku-vidpovidno-do-zoboviazan-dosiahty-tsilei-staloho-rozvytku-do-2030-roku
Publication order reference