WEBSITE REVIEW OF UEFAP.COM
Languages of publication
This paper provides a review of Andy Gillet’s UEfAP.com site (Using English for Academic Purposes — A Guide for Students in Higher Education). UEfAP.com is an immense repository of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) materials that undoubtedly represents years of dedicated work. It is a well-organised, wide-ranging, easy-to-navigate (well-signposted) and reliable site. Thus this manifestly ‘extensive’ review attempts to describe this ‘extensive’ and noteworthy Internet EAP resource. A key recommendation is that these materials, which may have been designed for self-access use, also be utilised in a modern language-lab teaching classroom.
- Alexander, C. (2007). Guidelines for Internet-Based Teaching: Iran Language Institute Teaching Journal, 3(1). Retrieved January 20, 2008, from http://www.ili.ir/e.current%20Issue_tj.htm
- Alexander, C. (2008- in press). The Internet in TESOL. In P. Pavlou (Ed.), Research on TEFL in Cyprus. Cyprus: English Department, University of Cyprus.
- Belbin, R. M. (1981). Management Teams: Why They Succeed or Fail. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Belbin, R. M. (1993). Team Roles at Work. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Chaudron, C. & Richards, J. (1986). The effect of discourse markers on the comprehension of lectures. Applied Linguistics, 7, 113-127.
- Coxhead, A. (2000). A new academic word list. TESOL Quarterly, 34, 213-238.
- DeCarrico, J. & Nattinger, J. R. (1988). Lexical phrases for the comprehension of academic lectures. ESP Journal, 7, 91-102.
- Gillett, A. J. (1989). Designing an EAP course: English language support for further and higher education. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 13(2), 92-104.
- Gimson, A. C. (1981). An Introduction to the Pronunciation of English (3rd ed.). London: Edward Arnold.
- Jordan, R. R. (2000). English for Academic Purposes. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Leech, G. & Svartvik, J. (1975). A Communicative Grammar of English. London: Longman.
- McDonough, J. (1978). Listening to Lectures: Biology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- McDonough, J. (1978). Listening to Lectures: Government. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- McDonough, J. (1978). Listening to lectures: Sociology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- West, M. (1953). A General Service Łist of English Words. London: Longman.
Publication order reference