The impact of paternal attachment training skills on the extent of maternal neonatal attachment in primiparous women: a clinical trial
Languages of publication
- Punamäki RL, Repokari L, Vilska S, et al. Maternal mental health and medical predictors of infant developmental and health problems from pregnancy toone year: does former infertility matter? Infant Behav Dev 2006; 29(2): 230–242.
- de Weerth C, Buitelaar JK, Beijers R. Infant cortisol and behavioral habituation to weekly maternal separations: links with maternal prenatal cortisol and psychosocial stress. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2013; 38(12): 2863–2874.
- Robertson E, Grace S, Wallington T, et al. Antenatal risk factors for postpartum depression: a synthesis of recent literature. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2004; 26(4): 289–295.
- Nemsadze K, Silagava M. Neuroendocrine foundation of maternal-child attachment. Georgian Med News 2010; 189(1): 21–26.
- Kokubu M, Okano T, Sugiyama T. Postnatal depression, maternal bonding failure, and negative attitudes towards pregnancy: a longitudinal study of pregnant women in Japan. Arch Womens Ment Health 2012; 15(3): 211–216.
- Damato EG. Prenatal attachment and other correlates of postnatal maternal attachment to twins. Adv Neonatal Care 2004; 4(5):274–291.
- Alhusen JL. A literature update on maternal-fetal attachment. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 2008; 37(3): 315–328.
- Bartlett EE. The effects of fatherhood on the health of men: a review of the literature. The Journal of Men’s Health & Gender 2004; 1(2):159–169, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmhg.2004.06.004.
- Skjothaug T, Smith L, Wentzel-Larsen T, et al. Prospective fathers’ adverse childhood experiences, pregnancy-related anxiety, and depression during pregnancy. Infant Ment Health J 2015; 36(1): 104–113.
- Fägerskiöld A. A change in life as experienced by first-time fathers. Scand J Caring Sci 2008; 22(1): 64–71.
- Jordan PL. Laboring for relevance: expectant and new fatherhood. Nurs Res 1990; 39(1): 11–16.
- Latifses V, Estroff DB, Field T, et al. Fathers massaging and relaxing their pregnant wives lowered anxiety and facilitated marital adjustment. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 2005; (4)9: 277–282, doi: 10.1016/j.jbmt.2005.02.004.
- Akbarzade M, Setodeh S, Sharif F, et al. The Effect of fathers’ training regarding attachment skills on maternal-fetal attachments among primigravida women: a randomized controlled trial. IJCBNM 2014; 2(4): 259–267.
- Seimyr L, Sjögren B, Welles-Nyström B, et al. Antenatal maternal depressive mood and parental-fetal attachment at the end of pregnancy.Arch Womens Ment Health 2009; 12(5): 269–279.
- Ustunsoz A, Guvenc G, Akyuz A, et al. Comparison of maternal-and paternal-fetal attachment in Turkish. Midwifery 2010; 26(2): e1–e9, doi: 10.1016/j.midw.2009.12.006.
- Iwata H. Experiences of Japanese men during the transition to fatherhood. J Transcult Nurs 2014; 25(2): 159–166.
- Lorensen M, Wilson ME, White MA. Norwegian families: transition to parenthood. Health Care Women Int 2004; 25(4): 334–348.
- Toosi M, Akbarzadeh M, Sharif F, et al. The reduction of anxiety and improved maternal attachment to fetuses and neonates by relaxation training in primigravida women. Women’s Health Bulletin 2014; 1(1): e18968, doi: 10.17795/whb-18968.
- Khoramrody R. [The effect of mothers touch on Maternal Foetal Attachment]. Thesis for M.S.c Degree of Iran University. 2000: 30–45 (original in Persian).
- Adler J, Urech C, Finc N, et al. Response to induced relaxation during pregnancy: comparison of women with high versus low levels of anxiety. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2011; 18(1): 13–21.
- Aghamohammadi M. Religious preoperative anxiety. Ann Gen Psychiatry 2008; 69(4): 1195–1200.
- Fuller S, Moore R, Lester W. Influence of family functioning on maternal-fetal attachment. J Perinatol 1993; 13(6): 453–460.
- Siddiqui A, Hagglof B. Does maternal prenatal attachment predict postnatal mother-infant interaction? Early Hum Dev 2000; 59(1):13–25.
- Bloom KC. The development of attachment behaviors in pregnant adolescents. Nursing Res 2000; 25(2): 230–240.
- Habib C, Lancaster S. The transition to fatherhood: identity and bonding in early pregnancy. J Theor Res and Practice about Men as Fathers 2006; 4(3): 235–253.
- Garfield CF, Isacco A. Fathers and the well-child visit. Pediatrics 2006; 117(4): e637–645, doi: 10.1542/peds.2005-1612.
- Golian Tehrani S, Bazzazian S, Dehghan Nayeri N. Pregnancy experiences of first-time fathers in Iran: a qualitative interview study. Iran Red Crescent Med J 2015; 17(2): e12271.
- Condon JT, Boyce P, Corkindale CJ. The First-Time Fathers Study: a prospective study of the mental health and wellbeing of men during the transition to parenthood. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2004; 38(1–2): 56–64.
- Barclay L, Lupton D. The experience of new fatherhood: a socio-cultural analysis. J Adv Nurs 1999; 29(4): 1013–1020.
- Kamalifard M, Hasanpoor S, Babapour Kheiroddin J, et al. Relationship between fathers’ depression and perceived social support and stress in postpartum period. J Caring Sci 2014; 3(1): 57–66.
- Tohotoa J, Maycock B, Hauck YL, et al. Can father inclusive practice reduce paternal postnatal anxiety? A repeated measures cohort study using the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2012; 31(12): 75.
- Paulson JF, Bazemore SD. Prenatal and postpartum depression in fathers and its association with maternal depression: a meta-analysis.JAMA 2010; 303(19): 1961–1969.
- Bryan AA. Enhancing parent-child interaction with a prenatal couple intervention. Am J Matern Child Nurs 2000; 25(3): 139–144.
- Lang SN, Schoppe-Sullivan SJ, Kotila LE, et al. Daily parenting engagement among new mothers and fathers: the role of romantic attachment in dual-earner families. J Fam Psychol 2013; 27(6): 862–872.
- Akbarzade M, Setodeh S, Sharif F, et al. The effect of fathers’ training regarding attachment skills on maternal-fetal attachments among primigravida women: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Community Based Nurs Midwifery 2014; 2(4): 259–267.
- Akbarzadeh M, Rafiee B, Asadi N, et al. Comparative effect of attachment and relaxation training on perception of fetal movement and mother’s anxiety in primiparous women: a randomized controlled study. Trends in Medical Research 2016; 11(2): 62–68.
- Toosi M, Akbarzadeh M, Zare N, et al. Effect of attachment training on anxiety and attachment behaviors of first-time Mothers. Hayat 2011; 17(3): 69–79. Available from URL: http://hayat.tums.ac.ir/article-1-56-en.html.
- Akbarzadeh M, Dokuhaki A, Joker A, et al. Teaching attachment behaviors to pregnant women: a randomized controlled trial of effects on infant mental health from birth to the age of three months. ASM 2015; 36(3): 175–183
- Dokuhaki A, Akbarzadeh M, Pishva N, et al. A study of the effect of training pregnant women about attachment skills on infants’ motor development indices at birth to four months. Fam Med Prim Care Rev 2017; 19(2): 114–122, doi: https://doi.org/10.5114/fmpcr.2017.67864.
- Premberg A, Lundgren I. Fathers’ experiences of childbirth education. J Perinat Educ 2006; 15(2): 21–28.
- Buist A, Morse CA, Durkin S. Men’s adjustment to fatherhood: implications for obstetric health care. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 2003; 32(2): 172–180
Publication order reference