Adaptation and reliability testing of the SHARE-FI instrument for the assessment of risk of frailty syndrome among older Polish patients
Languages of publication
- Kojima G. Frailty as a predictor of hospitalization among community-dwelling older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Epidemiol Community Health 2016; 70(7): 722–729
- Hartgerink JM, Cramm JM, Bakker TJ, et al. The importance of multidisciplinary teamwork and team climate for relational coordination among teams delivering care to older patients. J Adv Nurs 2014; 70(4): 791–799.
- Mattos IE , Carmo CN, Santiago LM, et al. Factors associated with functional incapacity in elders living in long stay institutions in Brazil:a cross-sectional study. BMC Geriatr 2014; 15(14): 47, doi: 10.1186/1471-2318-14-47.
- Chang SF, Lin PL. Frail phenotype and mortality prediction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Int J Nurs Stud 2015; 52(8): 1362–1374.
- Bagshaw SM, Stelfox HT, Johnson JA, et al. Long-term association between frailty and health-related quality of life among survivors of critical illness: a prospective multicenter cohort study. Crit Care Med 2015; 43(5): 973–982.
- Mello Ade C, Engstrom EM, Alves LC. Health-related and socio-demographic factors associated with frailty in the elderly: a systematic literature review. Cad Saude Publica 2014; 30(6): 1143–1168.
- Ní Mhaoláin AM, Fan CW, Romero-Ortuno R, et al. Depression: a modifiable factor in fearful older fallers transitioning to frailty? Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2012; 27(7): 727–733.
- Kojima G, Taniguchi Y, Iliffe S, et al. Frailty as a predictor of Alzheimer disease, vascular dementia, and all dementia among community-dwelling older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2016; 17(10): 881–888, doi: 10.1016/j.jamda.2016.05.013.
- Sutton JL, Gould RL , Daley S, et al. Psychometric properties of multicomponent tools designed to assess frailty in older adults: a systematic review. BMC Geriatr 2016; 16: 55, doi: 10.1186/s12877-016-0225-2.
- Ruan Q, Yu Z, Chen M, et al. Cognitive frailty, a novel target for the prevention of elderly dependency. Ageing Res Rev 2015; 20: 1–10,doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2014.12.004.
- Cano A, Kurpas D, Bujnowska-Fedak MM, et al. FOCUS : Frailty Management Optimisation through EI PAHA Commitments and Utilisation of Stakeholders’ Input – an innovative European Project in elderly care. Fam Med Prim Care Rev 2016; 18(3): 373–376.
- Freitag S, Schmidt S. Prevention of frailty through narrative intervention. Soc Sci Med 2016; 160: 120–127, doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed. 2016.05.023.
- Ahmed N, Mandel R, Fain MJ. Frailty: an emerging geriatric syndrome. Am J Med 2007; 120(9): 748–753.
- Ensrud KE, Ewing SK, Cawthon PM, et al. A comparison of frailty indexes for the prediction of falls, disability, fractures, and mortality in older men. J Am Geriatr Soc 2009; 57(3): 492–498.
- Boyd CM, Xue QL, Simpson CF, et al. Frailty, hospitalization, and progression of disability in a cohort of disabled older women. Am J Med 2005; 118(11): 1225–1231.
- Fried LP, Tangen CM, Walston J, et al. Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2001; 56(3):M146–M156.
- Santos-Eggimann B, Cuenoud P, Spagnoli J, et al. Prevalence of frailty in middle-aged and older community-dwelling Europeans living in 10 countries. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2009; 64(6): 675–681.
- De Lepeleire J, Iliffe S, Mann E, et al. Frailty: an emerging concept for general practice. Br J Gen Pract 2009; 59(562): e177–e182.
- Ortuno RR , Walsh CD, Lawlor BA, et al. A Frailty Instrument for primary care: findings from the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE ). BMC Geriatrics 2010: 57, doi: 10.1186/1471-2318-10-57.
- Ortuno RR , O’Shea D, Kenny RA . The SHARE frailty instrument for primary care predicts incident disability in a E uropean populationbased sample. Qual Prim Care 2011; 19(5): 301–309.
- Ortuno RR . The Frailty Instrument for primary care of the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe predicts mortality similarly to a frailty index based on comprehensive geriatric assessment. Geriatr Gerontol Int 2013; 13(2): 497–504.
- Ortuno R, Soraghan C.A. Frailty Instrument for primary care for those aged 75 years or more: findings from the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, a longitudinal population-based cohort study (SHARE -FI75+). BMJ Open 2014; 4(12): e006645, doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006645.
- Yesavage JA, Brink T, Lom O, et al. Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: a preliminary report. J Psychiatr Res 1983; 17(1): 37–49.
- Sheikh JI, Yesavage JA. Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS ): recent evidence and development of a shorter version. Clin Gerontol 1986; 5(1/2): 165–173
- Lawton MP, Brody EM. Assessment of older people: self – maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living. The Gerontologist 1969; 9(3): 179–186.
- Rockwood K, Song X, MacKnight Ch, et al. A global clinical measure of fitness and frailty in elderly people. CMAJ 2005; 173(5): 489–495.
- Życzkowska J, Grądalski T. FS – what should to know the oncologist? Onkol Pract Clin 2010; 6(2): 79–84.
- Rockwood K, Abeysundera MJ, Mitnitski A. How should we grade frailty in nursing home patients? J Am Med Dir Assoc 2007; 8(9):595–603.
- Rubenstein LZ. An overview of comprehensive geriatric assessment. In: Rubenstein LZ , Wieland D, Bernabei R, eds. Geriatric assessment technology: the state of the art. Milan: Editrice Kurtis; 1995: 1–9.
- Bieniek J, Wilczyński K, Szewieczek J. Fried frailty phenotype assessment components as applied to geriatric inpatients. Clin Interv Aging 2016; 11: 453–459, doi: 10.2147/CIA .S101369.
- Dorner TE , Luger E, Tschinderle J, et al. Association between nutritional status (MNA ®-SF) and frailty (SHARE -FI) in acute hospitalised elderly patients. J Nutr Health Aging 2014; 18(3): 264–269.
Publication order reference