Cerkiew w Świątkowej Małej
AN ORTHODOX CHURCH AT ŚWIĄTKOWA MAŁA
Languages of publication
The orthodox church is situated on the territory of Krępna commune in Krosno district. The author describes in details this wooden monument of sacred art, with a very rich decor of the interiors, dating back to the 17th century. Of particular note is worthy the icon depicting the Last Judgement, from 1651. According to the author the structure was built in 1762, with some parts being older than that. The communique is concluded with a concise chronicle of conservation works carried out on the building in previous years. In the mid-fifties the church was adapted to satisfy the requirements of the Roman-Catholic rituals.
Publication order reference