Food market diversification approach – Lithuanian case
Languages of publication
The paper analyses the main opportunities and threats coming from dynamic changes in international trade development for the agricultural and food sector in Lithuania. It addresses the problem of market diversification in Lithuanian agriculture and food sector focusing mainly on: analysis of the Lithuanian trade before and after the EU accession, investigation of the dynamics of international trade flows in agri-food products, comparison of export geography of Lithuanian agri-food products before and after the accession, orientation of the exporters of agri-food products at international markets. To this end, the authors use statistical quantitative analysis which was supplemented with qualitative analysis of experts from both the public and private sector. The questionnaire for experts comprised questions investigating the current situation of the company, export share, future plans and orientation at the foreign markets, product development perspectives and market diversification strategies.
- Agricultural and food sector in Lithuania 2013. Lithuanian Institute of Agrarian Economics, Vilnius 2014.
- Bagdanavicius J.: Tarptautinės prekybos politikos pokyčiai. Lietuvos ūkis 11/12, Vilnius 1999.
- Business growth services. Innovate new products. Diversify into new markets. Improve sales and marketing. California Manufacturing Technology Consulting, Torrance 2010.
- European Commission: Trade development and regional integration in Lithuania. Development and cooperation, EuropeAid, Trade development and regional integration Lithuania, Brussels 2013.
- Gargasas A., Mugiene I.: Koncentrinės diversifikacijos strategijos taikymas grūdus superkančiose įmonėse. Management theory and studies for rural business and infrastructure development. Vol. 33, no. 4, Kaunas 2012.
- Hashai N., Delios A.: Balancing growth across geographic diversification and product diversification: A contingency approach. International Business Review, Dec 2012, vol. 21, issue 6.
- Jefferson & Associates, Inc.: Marketing Strategy – Market Diversification [Interactive] <http://www.jeffersonassoc.com/mktdiversificationstrategy.htm>, [Date: 11.07.2014]. Westlake, Ohio 2009.
- Pöyry: New Products and New Markets: A Process for Successful Innovation. Executive wire, North America/2013 – 1.0, New York 2013.
- Travkina I., Dudzevičiūtė G., Maciukevičienė L.: Accession to the European Union: impact of legislation change on performance of lithuanian companies. Business: Theory and Practice, 2009, 10(2), Vilnius 2009.
- Turner M., Winter D.: Farm Diversification Activities: Benchmarking Study 2002. Centre for Rural Research Report, Exeter, no. 4, 2003.
Publication order reference