Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Donald Trump : Distinct Political Entities, Similar Leadership Styles?
Languages of publication
Since the center-periphery cleavage is widely used in the rhetoric of the two highly controversial political figures of R.T. Erdogan and D. Trump, it is interesting to examine their political careers. Both perform their political routes and construct their electoral appeal on the base of the center-periphery divide. The presented paper in general aims at qualifying the leadership style of both politicians. While the two leaders function in different political entities and traditions, their perception and understanding of politics seems to be quite similar.
- Benim ięin Davos bitti, http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/benim-icin-davos-bitti-10886978 (accessed: 20.05.2017).
- Blondel J., World Leaders. Heads of Government in the Postwar Period, London, 1980.
- Costa P.T., McCrae R.R., Four Ways Five Factors Are Basic, "Personality and Individual Differences", 1992, no. 13(6), pp. 653-665.
- Dobek B., Uwarunkowania przywództwa politycznego, "Studia socjologiczne", 1985, no 1.
- Donald Trump travel ban: 'Blame judge and courts if America is attacked' - president hits out ahead of legal battle, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/04/donald-trump- slams-so-called-judge-blocked-ban-vows-overturn/ (accessed: 23.05.2017).
- Erdogan: Biz hizmet siyaseti yapiyoruz, http://www.iha.com.tr/haber-erdogan-biz-hiz- met-siyaseti-yapiyoruz-59698/ (accessed: 19.05.2017).
- Erdogan 'dan Bahęeli 'ye agir ifadeler, http://www.zaman.com.tr/politika_erdogandan-bah- celiye-agir-ifadeler_2201194.html (accessed: 10.05.2017).
- Gardner H., Leading Minds: An Anatomy of Leadership, Basic Books, New York.
- Goldberg L.R., The Structure of Phenotypic Personality Traits, "American Psychologist", 1993, no. 48(1), pp. 26-34.
- Heper M., Sonuç, [in:] Turkiye 'de Liderler ve Demokrasi, M. Heper, S. Sayan, Kitap Yaymevi (Eds.), Istanbul 2008.
- House R.J., Aditya R.N., The Social Scientific Study of Leadership: Quo Vadis?, "Journal of Management" 1997, no. 23(3), pp. 409-473.
- Lipset S., Rokkan S., Party System and Voting Alignments: Cross-National Perspectives, The Free Press, New York, London, 1967.
- Mapping How America's Metro Areas Voted, https://www.citylab.com/equity/2016/12/map- ping-how-americas-metro-areas-voted/508313/ (accessed: 12.05.2017).
- Northouse P.G., Leadership: Theory and Practice, 5'th Edition, SAGE Publications, Los Angeles, 2010.
- Phares E.J., Chaplin W.F., Introduction to Personality, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall, New York 1997.
- Poguntke T., Weeb P., The Presidentialization of Politics in Democratic Societies: A Framework for Analysis, [in:] The Presidentialization of Politics: A Comparative Study of Modern Democracies, Oxford University Press, Oxford 2005.
- Rumblings of a 'Deep State' Undermining Trump? It Was Once a Foreign Concept, https:// www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/us/politics/deep-state-trump.html (accessed: 12.05.2017).
- Trump has nothing but contempt for facts and reality-based policy. Now it's backfiring, https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/30/trump-has-noth- ing-but-contempt-for- facts-and- reality-based-policy-now-its-backfiring/?utm_term=. f9247ba17d58 (accessed: 21.05.2017).
- Turkiye, Suriye simnnda Rus uęagi diięurdul, http://t24.com.tr/haber/suriye-sinirinda-bir-sa- vas-ucagi-dustu-iddiasi,317770 (accessed: 20.05.2017).
- Why do some people refer to themselves in the third person?, http://www.bbc.com/news/ magazine-33943762 (accessed: 22.05.2017).
- Wiatr J.J., Typy przywództwa politycznego, "Miesięcznik Literacki", 1982, no 9.
Publication order reference