Brief alcohol intervention and health-related quality of life among primary health care patients in Estonia
Languages of publication
- McCambridge J, Cunningham JA. The early history of ideas on brief interventions for alcohol. Addiction 2014; 109(4): 538–546.
- Babor T, Higgins-Biddle JC, Saunders J, et al. AUDIT – The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test: guidelines for use in primary care.2nd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- Saame I, Gluškova N, Viilmann K, et al. Prooviuuring alkoholi liigtarvitamise varajase avastamise ja nõustamise metoodika hindamiseks Eesti perearstisüsteemis. Eesti Arst 2011; 90(5): 216–224 (in Estonian)
- Gache P, Michaud P, Landry U, et al. The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) as a screening tool for excessive drinking in primary care: reliability and validity of a French version. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2005; 29(11): 2001–2007.
- Reinert DF, Allen JP. The alcohol use disorders identification test: an update of research findings. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2007; 31(2):185–199.
- de Torres LA, Rebollo EM, Ruiz-Moral R, et al. Diagnostic usefulness of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) questionnaire for the detection of hazardous drinking and dependence on alcohol among Spanish patients. Eur J Gen Pract 2009; 15(1): 15–21
- Kaner EF, Beyer F, Dickinson HO, et al. Effectiveness of brief alcohol interventions in primary care populations. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007 Apr 18; (2): CD004148.
- O’Donnell A, Anderson P, Newbury-Birch D, et al. The impact of brief alcohol interventions in primary healthcare: a systematic reviewof reviews. Alcohol Alcohol 2014; 49(1): 66–78.of reviews. Alcohol Alcohol 2014; 49(1): 66–78.
- Lai T, Habicht J. Decline in alcohol consumption in Estonia: combined effects of strengthened alcohol policy and economic downturn.Alcohol Alcohol 2011; 46(2): 200–203.
- Shield KD, Parry C, Rehm J. Chronic diseases and conditions related to alcohol use. Alcohol Res 2013; 35(2): 155–173.
- Mathiesen EF, Nome S, Eisemann M, et al. Drinking patterns, psychological distress and quality of life in a Norwegian general population-based sample. Qual Life Res 2012; 21(9): 1527–1536.
- Dissing AS, Gil A, Keenan K, et al. Alcohol consumption and self-reported (SF12) physical and mental health among working-aged men in a typical Russian city: a cross-sectional study. Addiction 2013; 108(11): 1905–1914.
- Levola J, Aalto M, Holopainen A, et al. Health-related quality of life in alcohol dependence: a systematic literature review with a specific focus on the role of depression and other psychopathology. Nord J Psychiatry 2014; 68(6): 369–384.
- Põlluste K, Aart A, Kallikorm R, et al. Adverse lifestyle and health-related quality of life: gender differences in patients with and without chronic conditions. Scand J Public Health 2016; 44(2): 209–216.
- Jonas D, Garbutt J, Brown J, et al. Screening, behavioral counseling, and referral in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse. Rockville,MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2012.
- Ugochukwu C, Bagot KS, Delaloye S, et al. The importance of quality of life in patients with alcohol abuse and dependence. Harv Rev Psychiatry 2013; 21(1): 1–17, doi: 10.1097/HRP.0b013e31827fd8aa.
- Daeppen JB, Faouzi M, Sanchez N, et al. Quality of life depends on the drinking pattern in alcohol-dependent patients. Alcohol Alcohol 2014; 49(4): 457–465.2014; 49(4): 457–465.
- Ware Jr JE. SF-36 Health Survey Update. SPINE 2000; 25(24): 3130–3139.
- Anderson P, Gual A, Colom J. Alcohol and primary health care. Clinical guidelines on identification and brief interventions. Barcelona:Department of Health of the Government of Catalonia; 2005.
- Bryant J, Yoong SL, Sanson-Fisher R, et al. Is identification of smoking, risky alcohol consumption and overweight and obesity by General Practitioner’s improving? A comparison over time. Fam Pract 2015; 32(6): 664–671.
- National Institute of Health Development: Kainem ja tervem Eesti [Soberer and healthier Estonia, in Estonian] (cited: 8.02.2018). Available from URL: http://www.tai.ee/et/kainem-ja-tervem-eesti.
Publication order reference