On Conditional Simple Random Sample
Languages of publication
Estimation of the population average in a finite and fixed population on the basis of the conditional simple random sampling design dependent on order statistics of the auxiliary variable is studied. The sampling scheme implementing the sampling design is proposed. The inclusion probabilities are derived. The well known Horvitz-Thompson statistic under the conditional simple random sampling designs is considered as the estimator of population mean. Moreover, it was shown that the Horvitz-Thompson estimator under some particular cases of the conditional simple random sampling design is more accurate than the ordinary mean from the simple random sample.
- GUENTER W. (1975). The inverse hypergeometric - a useful model. Statistica Neerlandica, Vol. 29, pp. 129–144.
- HOGG, R. V., CRAIG, A. T., (1970). Introduction to Mathematical Statistics, 3rd edition. MacMillian, New York.
- HORVITZ, D. G., THOMPSON, D. J., (1952). A generalization of the sampling without replacement from finite universe. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 47, pp. 663–685.
- ROYALL, R. M., Cumberland W. G., (1981). An empirical study of the ratio estimator and estimators of its variance. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 76.
- TILL ´ E, Y., (1998). Estimation in surveys using conditional inclusion probabilities: Simple random sampling. International Statistical Review, 66, 303–322.
- TILL ´ E, Y., (2006). Sampling Algorithms. Springer.
- WILKS, S. S., (1962). Mathematical Statistics. John Wiley and Sons, Inc. New York, London.
- WYWIAŁ, J. L., (2003). On conditional sampling strategies. Statistical Papers, Vol. 44, 3, pp. 397–419.
- WYWIAŁ, J. L., (2008). Sampling design proportional to order statistic of auxiliary variable. Statistical Papers, Vol. 49, No. 2/April, pp. 277–289.
Publication order reference