The vital role of early identification of the urgent need to take decisive allostatic action for business survival (case study)
Languages of publication
The purpose of this article is to present the summary of studies accomplished under a research project concerning the vital role of early identification of the urgent need to take decisive allostatic action for business survival. This paper provides an overview of the research on early identification of the urgent need to take decisive allostatic action for business survival. There was implemented a very specific procedure of diagnosing and positioning organizational situation represented by FOGT business during a particular period of time from 2015 to 2017. The organizational situation of researched company is determined by a recognized level of organizational effectiveness or potential ineffectiveness caused by dysfunctions. The diagnosis is based on qualitative, long lasted depth analysis of the organizational situation of the researched company by means of the author's own implement named "The Business Life Cycle Model of Organizational Effectiveness Influenced by Dysfunctions". The measuring instrument (grading system) of this model is used to introduce the outcomes of the research work. All such way collected outcomes of each individual diagnosis gives the picture of overall organizational performance of given company annually, during the whole period of the research. The outcomes are adequately visualized on an appropriate scale, making the most of the model.
- Ahmed I., 10 Entrepreneurial Skills AIESEC in Karachi's Outgoing Global Entrepreneur Program Teaches You, www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-entrepreneurial-skills-aiesec-karachis-outgoing-global-isra-ahmed
- Beers B., How Companies Can Reduce Internal and External Business Risk, www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/050115/ how-can-companies-reduce-internal-and-external-business-risk.asp
- Brännback M., Carsrud A., Fundamentals for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur. From Business Idea to Launch and Management, Pearson Education, Inc., Old Tappan 2016.
- Bray J., Brooke K., Litwin G, Mobilizing the organization, Bringing strategy to life, Prentice Hall, New York, 1996.
- Bursiak L., A practical application of allostasis as a remedy for organizational homeostasis devastated by turbulent environment based on chosen example (case study), Firma i Rynek 1/2017 (51), Zachodniopomorska Szkoła Biznesu, Szczecin 2017.
- Bursiak L., Essentials of Organization Behaviour, podręcznik akademicki, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Zachodniopomorskiej Szkoły Biznesu, Szczecin 2013.
- Bursiak L., Organizational effectiveness of Polish small business in years 1982-2015 based on chosen example. Case study, Firma i Rynek 1/2016, Zachodniopomorska Szkoła Biznesu, Szczecin 2016.
- Bursiak L., Organizational situation of harbour transshipment PH Company in years 1989-2014. Case study, Firma i Rynek 1/2015, Zachodniopomorska Szkoła Biznesu, Szczecin 2015.
- Bursiak L., Pozycjonowanie firm start-up na skali modelu cyklu życia organizacji – metoda eksperymentalna, [in:] A. Zelek (ed.), Nowoczesna inżynieria finansowa dla firm start-up w Polsce w latach 2009-2010 – raport z badań skreeningowych, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Zachodniopomorskiej Szkoły Biznesu, Szczecin 2013
- Chan D., The challenges facing management in a rapidly changing business environment, Cass Business School, London 2013.
- Crandall R. E., Crandall W. R., Vanishing boundaries: How integrating manufacturing and services creates customer value, 2nd Edition, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, London 2014.
- Elsbach K. D., Organizational perception management, Lawrence Erlbaum Associate, Mahwah (New Jersey) 2006.
- Entrepreneurial Skills for 2018, www.compassoffices.com/en/about-us/blogs/entrepreneurial-skills-for-2018/
- Fridman A., Being a Successful Entrepreneur Is Not Easy, Inc.com,www.inc.com/adam-fridman/being-a-successfulentrepreneur-is-not-easy.html
- Graham L., Learning and growing from mistakes and failures, https://lindagraham-mft.net/learning-growing-mistakesfailures/
- Haddad L., 12 tips for entrepreneurs to succeed in business (and life), www.entrepreneur
- Hoang H., Gimeno J., Becoming a founder: How founder role identity affects entrepreneurial transitions and persistence in founding. Journal of Business Venturing 25 (2010.
- How to Learn From Your Mistakes. And Put Those Lessons Into Practice, www.mindtools.com/pages/article/learn-frommistakes.htm
- Kaplan R. S., Mikes A., Managing Risks: A New Framework, Harvadr Business Review, June 2012 Issue.
- Keague S., https://awakenthegreatnesswithin.com/35-inspirational-quotes-on-preparation/
- Kessler R., Success isn't permanent - but neither is failure, www.linkedin.com/pulse/success-isnt-permanent-neitherfailure-randy-kessler
- M. Wrye, Survival is not mandatory, www.aleanjourney.com/2013/10/lean-quote-survival-is-not-mandatory,
- Matarelli M., How can businesses adapt to a rapidly changing world? Forbes, Quora Contributor, Jan 5, 2018
- Naji I., Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance; The 5 Ps that lead to success in Life and Business, http://gulfelitemag.com/proper-preparation-prevents-poor-performance-the-5-ps-that-lead-to-success-in-life-andbusiness/
- Nanninga G., Change is not necessary (?), http://planninga-from-nanninga.blogspot.com/2010/12/change-is-notnecessary.html
- Odkryj pomysły na temat sukces, https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/100275529178371364/
- Pikos A., Czarnecki Ł., Botnet Strikes Back: Entrepreneurial Risk Management, [in:] S. Gudkova, Exploring Entrepreneurship: Inspirations from the Field, Kozminski University, Warsaw 2014.
- Prince R. A., How To Learn From Your Business Mistakes, Forbes Jul 23, 2015.
- Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance, https://johnedmathison.org/proper-preparation-prevents-poorperformance/
- Reasons for business failure, https://www.inc.com/encyclopedia/business-failure-and-dissolution.html
- Robertson P., Always change a winning team: Why reinvention and change are the prerequisites for business success, Cyan Communications, 2005.
- Sull D., Why good companies go bad? Harvard Business Review, https://hbr.org/1999/07/why-good-companies-go-bad
- There’s no easy road to success, www.shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne/no-easy-road-to-success
- What is the Secret to Success in Life? www.wanderlustworker.com/what-is-the-secret-to-success-in-life
- Within each phase of the model, any changes in the level of dysfunctions have quantitative character. Only a potential dislocation between phases brings qualitative change.
- Wrzosek S., Upadłość i likwidacja przedsiębiorstwa, [in:] J. Lichtarski (ed.), Podstawy nauki o przedsiębiorstwie, Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej im. Oskara Langego we Wrocławiu, Wrocław 1995.
Publication order reference