"Droga ta była ciężka, lecz została stopniowo pokonana". Dzieje polityczne i społeczne Andrychowa w latach 1945-1950
"It was a long way, yet the hardships were gradually overcome". The political and social history of Andrychów in the years 1945-1950.
Languages of publication
The topic of this article is Andrychów’s history after World War II. The time-frame includes the events from 1945 (the city’s liberation by the Red Army and the creation of the communist system in Andrychów) to 1950 (the beginnings of the Six-Year Plan). The purpose of the article is to present the postwar history of Andrychów regarding the city’s political and social history over the examined period. The article was divided into two parts. In the first part – Political life – I presented the politcal situation in the city after its liberation in January 1945. The Polish Worker’s Party (Polska Partia Robotnicza, PPR) was active in 1944 in Andrychów. Thanks to the fact that the German army was driven out of Andrychów by the Red Army, the Polish Worker’s Party could begin its activity. The political situation had an influence over the politics of the Andrychów’s authorities. In 1946 was hold a referendum „Three Time Yes referendum” in Andrychów. At the beginning of the year 1948, the most important parties in the city – the Polish Socialist Party (Polska Partia Socjalistyczna, PPS) and the PPR strived for unification. Andrychów’s authorities were fighting with the anti-communist resistance. The inhabitants, however, were also affected by the repressions. In the second part – Social life – I described the most important social problems of Andrychów’s inhabitants after the war. As the social life is concerned, the communist authorities were well-disposed towards certain pursuits of Andrychów’s inhabitants. In 1948, a radio network was installed in the city. In 1949, the authorities tried to establish a seondary school.
- Andrychów, red. S. Mendelowski, Krosno 2007.
- Chcieli sprawiedliwości i wolności. Szkice z historii andrychowskiej klasy robotniczej, red. J. Światłowski, Wadowice – Andrychów 1962.
- Dzieje i rozwój Szkoły Podstawowej nr 1 im. Tadeusz Kościuszki w Andrychowie 1791 – 2001, red. J. Stawarz et al., Andrychów 2001.
- Jubileusz Szkoły Podstawowej nr 2 im. Marii Konopnickiej w Andrychowie 1889/1890 – 1999/2000, praca zbiorowa, Andrychów 2000.
- Kulczykowski M., Dwa wieki miasta Andrychowa (1767 – 1967), Kraków 1967.
- Liceum andrychowskie 1945 – 1995, red. M. Biel et al., Kraków 1995.
- Zwoliński A., Miasto Ankwiczów. Z dziejów Andrychowa, Kraków 1993
Publication order reference