CZŁOWIEK RADZĄCY SOBIE Z TRUDNOŚCIAMI JAKO WYZWANIE DLA WSPÓŁCZESNEGO WYCHOWANIA
A HUMAN BEING CAPABLE OF CONFRONTING LIFE’S DIFFICULTIES AS A CHALLENGE FOR CONTEMPORARY UPBRINGING
Languages of publication
Difficult situations are unavoidable in every human's life. They may challenge a person to cope with them in order to overcome the obstacles. The search for personal resources that help one successfully deal with life's challenges has become, in recent years, one of the main issues for both psychology and pedagogy. Resiliency, understood as a personality trait is a subjective quality, which helps one to develop flexible and positive adaptation to difficult situations and to overcome them. The article aims to present the importance of resiliency and the possibilities for raising humans capable of coping with life's obstacles and everyday difficulties.
- Benard, B. (2004). Resiliency. What we have learned. San Francisco: WestEnd.
- Borecka-Bieranat, D. (2006). Strategies for coping young people in difficult social situations. Wrocław: UW.
- Chuang, S., Lamb, M., Hwang, C. (2006). Personality development from childhood to adolescence: A longitudinal study of ego-control and ego-resilience in Sweden. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 3(40), 338-343.
- Connor, K. M. (2006). Assessment of resilience in the aftermath trauma. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 67, 2, 46-49.
- Domińska-Werbel, D. (2011). Temperament as a determinant of coping strategies for junior high school students in the context of social pressure. In: D. Borecka-Biernat (ed.), Disorders in the behavior of children and adolescents in the context of difficult school and out-of-school situations (p. 41-59). Kraków: Impuls.
- Garmezy, N., Rutter, M. (ed.). (1988). Stress, coping, and development in children. Baltimore: The John Hopkins University Press.
- Gąsior, K. (2012). Noo-psychosocial functioning and psychological problems of adult alcoholic children. Warszawa: Difin.
- Grzegorzewska, I. (2013). Mental health of alcoholic children. Warszawa: Scholar.
- Iskra, J. (2008). Ego-resiliency and psychosomatic health of youth. In: A. Bochniarz, J. Bogucki, A. Grabowiec (ed.), Healthy school-healthy student. Theory and practice of health education (p. 189-197). Lublin: NeuroCentrum.
- Iskra, J. (2011a). Ego-resiliency and self image. Student research. In: L. Golińska, E. Bielawska-Batorowicz (ed.), Family and work in a crisis (p. 525-539), Łódź: UŁ.
- Iskra, J. (2011b). Selected personality conditioning of difficulties experienced by first year students. In: D. Borecka-Biernat (ed.), Disorders in the behavior of children and adolescents in the context of difficult school and out-of-school situations (p. 99-119), Kraków: Impuls.
- Iskra, J. (2011c). An image of the family of students of varying degrees of resiliency. In: J. Jęczeń, M. Stepulak (ed.), Value and good of the family (p. 397-407), Lublin: Wydawnictwo KUL.
- Iskra, J. (2015). Strategies of coping with difficulties by students. Warszawa: Difin.
- Kirenko, J. (2002). Social support for people with disabilities. Ryki: WSUPiZ.
- Klohnen, E. C. (1996). Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego-resiliency. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 70, 1067-1079.
- Kulczycki, M. (1991). Psychology of solving life problems. Acta Universitatis Wratislaviensis. Prace Psychologiczne, v. XXV, 1195, 19-35.
- Masten, A. S. (2001). Ordinary magic: Resilience processes in development. American Psychologist, 56, 227-238.
- Ogińska-Bulik, N., Juczyński, Z. (2008). Personality stress and health. Warszawa: Difin.
- Ogińska-Bulik, N., Juczyński, Z. (2011). Children and adolescents resiliency: characteristics and measurement - Polish scale SPP-18. Polskie Forum Psychologiczne, 16, 1, 7-28.
- Oleś, P. (2000). Psychology of the mid-life breakthrough. Lublin: TN KUL.
- Rostowska, T. (2008). Marriage, family, work and quality of life. Kraków: Impuls.
- Semmer, N. (2006). Personality, stress and coping. In: M. Vollrath (ed.), Handbook of Personality and Health (p. 71-113), Chichester: Wiley.
- Sikorska, I. (2016). Mental resistance during childhood. Kraków: UJ.
- Terelak, J. F. (2008). Man and stress. Bydgoszcz: Branta.
- Tomaszewski, T. (1982). Psychology. Warszawa: PWN.
- Tomaszewski, T. (1984). Traces and patterns. Warszawa: WSiP.
- Torgersen, S., Vollrath, M. (2006). Personality types, personality traits, and risky health behavior. In: M. Vollrath (ed.), Handbook of Personality and Health (p. 215-233), Chichester: Wiley.
- Tyszkowa, M. (1972). Problems of mental immunity of children and adolescents. Warszawa: Nasza Księgarnia.
- Tyszkowa, M. (1977). Behavior of children and adolescents in difficult situations. Theoretical-methodological basis of research. In: M. Tyszkowa (ed.), Behavior of young people in difficult situations and development of personality (p. 7-17), Poznań: UAM.
- Tyszkowa, M. (1978). Situational-cognitive concept of mental immunity. Przegląd Psychologiczny, 1, 3-15.
- Uchnast, Z. (1997). Ego-resiliency. Empirical typology and measurement method. Roczniki Filozoficzne, 4, 27- 50.
- Uchnast, Z. (1998). Ego-resiliency and existential dimensions of valuation. Roczniki Psychologiczne, 1, 7- 27.
Publication order reference